I-Pod help

Started by MadMudder, December 29, 2006, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMudder

Hey guys, I got a bad problem with my Ipod. Its a 1st gen nano 1G and I had it on my desk for a few days. I picked it up last night to listen to it and I went to turn it on and nothing happened. Usually the little apple comes up and then its normal. So I pushed the middle button again and it made a beeping noise. Then a bunch of diagnostics and codes came on the screen? I pushed the middle button again and a key test screen came up. I think it wanted me to push all the buttons to make sure they worked. So I did so and it said then to hit menu to contuine. I hit menu and then it froze. Now its just stuck on the key test screen and wont move. I've tried turning it off and back on and almost everything I know to do and its not responding to anything. I plugged it into my computer with the USB cable to hopefully reset it or wake it up or something. That didnt work either. I have been searching the help articles at apple.com and I cant find anything on this or even a number to call. I doubt anybody knows what to do but I figured i'd ask anyway. If you can help or have a number to call then please let me know. Thanks.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

FIVE-O

usually when the ipod freezes you would hold the menu and the circle button(in the middle)and it will restart

but when that dosnt work wait until the battery runs out completely then charge it again it should reboot   
[url="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg"]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg[/url]

Young Gun

Quote from: FIVE-O on December 29, 2006, 03:53:29 PM
usually when the ipod freezes you would hold the menu and the circle button(in the middle)and it will restart

but when that dosnt work wait until the battery runs out completely then charge it again it should reboot   

Happened to mine the first day, was gonna return it until found out that they do this occasionally.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

ScooterB

Quote from: FIVE-O on December 29, 2006, 03:53:29 PM
usually when the ipod freezes you would hold the menu and the circle button(in the middle)and it will restart

but when that dosnt work wait until the battery runs out completely then charge it again it should reboot   

:ThumbsUp.gif
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

MadMudder

Wow it worked! Thanks a million 8) 8)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

hondarider95

Thats weird I have never heard anything like that, and I do alot of work on iPods, such as repairs, and selling parts and accessories. If anyone needs anything check out my site http://www.anythingipods.com.

Crashking

Quote from: FIVE-O on December 29, 2006, 03:53:29 PM
usually when the ipod freezes you would hold the menu and the circle button(in the middle)and it will restart

but when that dosnt work wait until the battery runs out completely then charge it again it should reboot   

i read this and was trying to figure out why you would let the battery run down... then i remebered why i bought a different brand of mp3 player.... one that i could actually remove the battery if need be! i mean... the other brands still have an occasional freeze up.... but waiting for the battery to die is retarded...


i love going down the trails that are less ventured (aka not the mainstream way )


(five-o... this post isn't directed towards you in any offensive manner)

SkyHighT100

Speaking of I-pod questions. I bought an "I-pod" last week and have just found one issue. It's most likely a refuribished one, but works great. I just noticed today though that the headphones that go with it are a totally different size then any other headphones I have. The part that you plug into the "I-pod" is smaller (thinner) then most standard headphone jacks that I've seen. Is there some kind of adapter for the MP3 player so that I can use headphones besides the crappy ones they sent me?
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

MadMudder

I just use whatever you get form walmart for like 20 bucks. I think all headphone jacks are the same. What kind of Ipod do you have? BTW HondaRider85, check you questions email on your site. I sent you something.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

SkyHighT100

Thats what I thought too until I got these, lol. I'm going to head to radio shack tomorrow and see if they have adapters. I have no idea what type this is, it wasn't marketed as an Ipod, but looks just like the Nano... some knock-off, but I cant complain for $40, lol ;)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

hondarider95

Hey mad mudder, that email has been giving me trouble. You can PM you question to me, or email me at: anythingipods@gmail.com

Thanks

hondarider95

Hey, mad mudder, I fixxed that email account, and replied to your message about the headphones.

Thanks

MadMudder

Hey guys I got another problem. Mine is having some problems and I was going to restore the settings on it but I dont want to loose all my songs on it because I have allot of songs on it that arent mine and arent in my library. Is there anyway to get them to my library from the ipod even if I didnt purchase them? Or am I screwed?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

klutchbuster400

You got away lucky, a few months after my parents bought me my mini for a birthday present, It came to my attention that all minis have a common defect, which wasnt covered by the extra warranty we paid for, freaking battery is no good at all, I bought a replacement battery that worked good for a few days, but now the same thign happens again.

MadMudder

Well I have a 6gig mini that I bought and it seems to work fine. The battery life isnt as fast as a newer one.. I dunno?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Miami450R

with my video ipod , the same thing happened the first week i had it , it just froze on me as i was switching song . a quick reset and it was fine , never froze on me again..
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com