New shoes for the truck

Started by Chillinthemost, December 13, 2006, 03:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busta Nutt

my gasser will smoke any diesel out there. so there

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: xr100racer on December 17, 2006, 03:10:17 AM
Well, as promised I got the videos and uploaded them on Youtube. Harder than I thought to focus the camera on the screen and drive. I run the Edge chip with Attitude monitor so it has all the gauges built in. I know the Boost gauge is completly accurate becuase I used to have a seperate gauge and the readings are the same. Dont ask about the "music" in the first video, friend was messing around. Just like I said - You will see the screen read 37 in the first run and 40 in the second. No BS here

Info on the truck: Automatic, 35" Tires

First Run - Stock mode, Dead stop, 4wd because of rain, You can see in the begining the screen reads "0 Stock" and the zero is displayed in the top right corner. This means the chip was put into stock mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jRUhT1URwg

Second Run - Level 5, 2wd, Still raining, aproximatly 50mph, layed into it in 3rd gear and tires broke loose at aprox 60mph so I let off immediatly because Ive never lost traction at that high of speed. If you turn the volume of you can hear the tires go SKKKHHHHH for a second right when the gauge reads 38.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXh6fa3eEF0

My argument: You called BS when I said I could hit those numbers, Just wanted to prove I could. I KNOW 40lbs is not really efficient on stock turbo HOWEVER I am still making more power opposed to at 36 or so. May not be much but its more. Thats what it does with the chip.

exactly what I thought, it is not a stock truck.  keep posting videos of a modded truck.  my point was made. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: xr100racer on December 16, 2006, 05:12:07 PM
I see you know how to read and write smokinshee. Your a real expert. I specifically said your not making a lot more power but it is more. If I put the truck on a dyno and run at 36 and then at 40, your telling me I wont make any more power at 40? 24/32 is max boost on an 06 cummins? Before I had the chip and I can still turn it off the truck will hit 36-37psi. Thats proof right there I dont need to read about it if it came from the factory like that. I will take a video today/tonight I have to work of the truck on stock mode and then with the chip turned up and you will see how "BS" it is that im not hitting 40lbs. Im not saying, "awsome 40lbs" because its a stock turbo and higher boost is going to be less efficient and all but its not to the point where im not making any more power.

seriously please tell me you can understand the concept of producing more boost is not giving you more power once your out of the efficiency of the turbo.  when you start pulling hot air into the motor the boost is going to go up.  THE HOTTIER THE AIR THE MORE THE EXPANSION, HENCE MORE BOOST.  So when you get out of the efficiency of the turbo you are forcing HOTTER air into the motor, NOT MORE AIR.  This drives EGT's up and creates more boost, does not create more power.  The engine is still consuming the same amount of air it is just now hotter.  I don't know how more clear I can make that to you.

Until I see a stock 06 cummins with a boost gauge in it hitting 37 psi, I am still calling BS.  I am saying stock, no chip, no exhaust, stock air filter, etc.  As long as you keep taking videos of your controller in stock mode, you and are going to have to agree to disagree.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

k.p.

yeah...my bro has a cummins its not stock though. i think its funny how he calls power strokes   power chokes or power smokes.

535banshee

anyone have a 6.0 motor laying around? i need a good boat anchor  :o

Chillinthemost

Quote from: 535banshee on December 17, 2006, 08:24:34 PM
anyone have a 6.0 motor laying around? i need a good boat anchor  :o
That banshee of yours ought to be heavy enough to use as an anchor. ;D
Quote from: warriordude on December 17, 2006, 08:19:58 PM
yeah...my bro has a cummins its not stock though. i think its funny how he calls power strokes   power chokes or power smokes.
How about Duramaxipad or Cumminsapart ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

94Hardbody4x4

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 17, 2006, 07:53:26 PM
Quote from: xr100racer on December 16, 2006, 05:12:07 PM
I see you know how to read and write smokinshee. Your a real expert. I specifically said your not making a lot more power but it is more. If I put the truck on a dyno and run at 36 and then at 40, your telling me I wont make any more power at 40? 24/32 is max boost on an 06 cummins? Before I had the chip and I can still turn it off the truck will hit 36-37psi. Thats proof right there I dont need to read about it if it came from the factory like that. I will take a video today/tonight I have to work of the truck on stock mode and then with the chip turned up and you will see how "BS" it is that im not hitting 40lbs. Im not saying, "awsome 40lbs" because its a stock turbo and higher boost is going to be less efficient and all but its not to the point where im not making any more power.

seriously please tell me you can understand the concept of producing more boost is not giving you more power once your out of the efficiency of the turbo.  when you start pulling hot air into the motor the boost is going to go up.  THE HOTTIER THE AIR THE MORE THE EXPANSION, HENCE MORE BOOST.  So when you get out of the efficiency of the turbo you are forcing HOTTER air into the motor, NOT MORE AIR.  This drives EGT's up and creates more boost, does not create more power.  The engine is still consuming the same amount of air it is just now hotter.  I don't know how more clear I can make that to you.

Until I see a stock 06 cummins with a boost gauge in it hitting 37 psi, I am still calling BS.  I am saying stock, no chip, no exhaust, stock air filter, etc.  As long as you keep taking videos of your controller in stock mode, you and are going to have to agree to disagree.

His truck is completey stock minus the chip. There is no exhaust or intake yet. Besides the chip and 35's, his dodge is completey stock.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Smoknbanshee

okay, remove the chip and get a boost gauge and then get some video. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 17, 2006, 03:02:29 PM
My Huffy will beat that thing.

hey that 6.0 will be down south in a few weeks at c&r....we are working on the drag track...I think cutngrs grass is basically saying BRING IT.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

I say "FORD MAKES IT, POWERSTROKE SHAKES IT"
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

k.p.

my friend mikes 05 cummins (stock at the time) did 38 psi no lie.

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 17, 2006, 11:59:21 PM
I say "FORD MAKES IT, POWERSTROKE SHAKES IT"

ford=fix or repair daily

94Hardbody4x4

Although the Cummins is the best diesel out there, it's defanatly the ugliest. Good God they need to do something with that 32 passenger MegaCab....
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

535banshee

i know of a dodge 3500 at cr motorsports with 35's that will pull troys truck around like nothing. i would like to race troy's f-350 with my 2500 dodge. i know mine hauls a$$ and troy says his is fast too. they do the truck pulls on saturday at 3:00pm.

94Hardbody4x4

Quote from: 535banshee on December 18, 2006, 12:30:34 AM
i know of a dodge 3500 at cr motorsports with 35's that will pull troys truck around like nothing. i would like to race troy's f-350 with my 2500 dodge. i know mine hauls a$$ and troy says his is fast too. they do the truck pulls on saturday at 3:00pm.

Better have one helluva tranny cooler and torque coverter. You may have twice the power but with stock parts you'll just be breaking twice as fast. Unless my truck was seriously built, I wouldn't do a tug-o-war on dry pavement. A million things can go wrong.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

535banshee

dude you dont understand what goes on at cr motorsports. these guys are not all there if you know what i mean. i have seen 50,000 trucks cover with mud and just beat the sh!t out of. troys mega cab 3500 hasnt lost yet. STOCK

Exmx54

If anybody wants to race a fast 6.0, let me know and I'll be there.

xr100racer

#66
Austin, I dont even know where to start with you. Ugliest truck? First off I dont have a megacab dually, 2nd - Have you seen the new duramaxes and powerstokes. They are Ridiculusly ugly.

You have 94 Nissan 4cyl that has some many problems its crazy. You blew the engine within the first 8,000 miles of ownership. It took me 12,000 with the jeep. On the other hand the jeep was the baddest thing the mud holes of Vero had ever seen. Your on your 3rd clutch, how many new tie rods?, bad tranny mount, u-joints, no a/c, no heater, no power steering, Youve replaced radiator, ball joints, etc, etc. Its a Piece, but you stand by it and call it the most reliable thng ever. Nissan Power!!!

Im Tired of this argument about the boost, Its a stock truck and the gauge is accurate. I hit 37psi stock. Im not bragging about it but why would you call BS you dont even know. 94Harbody can verify this. I have 4" exhaust in my garage waiting to be put on and Intake in the mail. I take it easy on the upper levels because I dont have intake/exhaust on yet and I never let my EGT's get high.

You know the powerstroke is a horrible motor, specially you got the 03 which is the first year for the 6.0. Man you suck. There is no argument that cummins is the BEST, well between people that know what theyre talking about. I preety much kickace, Have the best diesel engine ever designed under the hood, and my 4 wheeler is badace too


cutngrs

  like i said befor   my 03  6.0  that has 150000 miles on     will race any deisel  on this site  any time talk is cheep   its time to put up or shut up     i cant say it any planer that   :drive.gif :Fp and all you will is :M :w :w     boy has this topic gotton way off     
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

xr100racer

You live in Ocala and I live in Vero. You have a heavily modded truck and SAY you will race me knowing damn well you never will because we are 3+ hours away. Cool Buddy  :ThumbsUp.gif      If you want to drive down here I will race you. Talk IS cheap

cutngrs

first off  you are the one talking all this shiot about  your truck saying  fords suck   and the 03 6.0 sucks  well i got one  and its calling you  and all your bullshiot out i know what my truck will do at the track and it has never been beating by any dodge or chevy  deisel  i have been taking out by another ford  so like i said  put up or  shut up  name the time and place and when  i am done putting an azz whooping  ajex  won't take off  you can come back on here  and eat your words


THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 01:40:11 AM
Austin, I dont even know where to start with you. Ugliest truck? First off I dont have a megacab dually, 2nd - Have you seen the new duramaxes and powerstokes. They are Ridiculusly ugly.

You have 94 Nissan 4cyl that has some many problems its crazy. You blew the engine within the first 8,000 miles of ownership. It took me 12,000 with the jeep. On the other hand the jeep was the baddest thing the mud holes of Vero had ever seen. Your on your 3rd clutch, how many new tie rods?, bad tranny mount, u-joints, no a/c, no heater, no power steering, Youve replaced radiator, ball joints, etc, etc. Its a Piece, but you stand by it and call it the most reliable thng ever. Nissan Power!!!

Im Tired of this argument about the boost, Its a stock truck and the gauge is accurate. I hit 37psi stock. Im not bragging about it but why would you call BS you dont even know. 94Harbody can verify this. I have 4" exhaust in my garage waiting to be put on and Intake in the mail. I take it easy on the upper levels because I dont have intake/exhaust on yet and I never let my EGT's get high.

You know the powerstroke is a horrible motor, specially you got the 03 which is the first year for the 6.0. Man you suck. There is no argument that cummins is the BEST, well between people that know what theyre talking about. I preety much kickace, Have the best diesel engine ever designed under the hood, and my 4 wheeler is badace too


HELLO.....MY TRUCK WAS SPECIAL ORDER WITH A 7.3.  SO YES IT IS A 2003 BUT IT IS 7.3 NOT THE 6.0.

Oh and by the way, rapturds SUCK too.  There is a group of guys starting up a 300 ft drag race up at c&r motorsports.  come out and show us how bad that rapturd is.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: cutngrs on December 18, 2006, 02:26:13 AM
first off  you are the one talking all this shiot about  your truck saying  fords suck   and the 03 6.0 sucks  well i got one  and its calling you  and all your bullshiot out i know what my truck will do at the track and it has never been beating by any dodge or chevy  deisel  i have been taking out by another ford  so like i said  put up or  shut up  name the time and place and when  i am done putting an azz whooping  ajex  won't take off  you can come back on here  and eat your words




we need to take this topic over to racing scene.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

cutngrs

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

xr100racer

Cutnegrs - I did not start talking crap to you. I was arguing with smokingshee and you repeated twice that youll run any diesel on this site. Im not driving to Ocala to race you if you really want to race me - Time and place - 66th ave in between 4th st and oslo road in VERO. we got the 1/4 marked out.

Your a joke, You saw that I said I have a stock truck with just a chip, You know you have a fast azz 6.0 so you challenge me to a race and you live far away. You will probably win. Good for you. I didnt come on here challenging people to race idiot

You picked a race you knew would never happen and if it did you would win. WOW. If you want more of a challenge ill be more than happy to round up some of my buddys, they may even agree to meet you half way in between ocala and vero but the race will be for cash