Honda Accessory Advice

Started by FlyingDog, December 08, 2006, 05:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingDog

My wife and I are having a hard time coming up with xmas gift ideas for my son so I decided to look at upgrading his 2006 Honda TRX250EX. Trading it in on a faster one really isn't an option as I would take a bath selling it or trading it in. Making it faster probably isn't going to make sense because it would probably cost less to take the hit on the 250 and buy the 300.

One area I am looking at was possibly new wheels and tires. It would change the look of the ATV and I know he would like that a lot.
The stock rear tires are 22x10-9 and the front is 22x7-10. If I was going to change the wheels and tires, what size, brand, and model would you recommend?

I was thinking of going with black wheels.

I would also like to hear any suggestions for other accessories as well. I plan on buying him Nerf Bars as well.

Thank you,
Rob
Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX

TRX450R_Racer

#1
 Rob,
  Put either the same size on the front or go with 21X710. Now on the rear I would put 20X11X9. It will give him more bottom end, but it will slow down the top speed. Also the lower tires will make it handle better. I think for the money the original Razrs are the best buy. I would check out www.rockymountainatv.com and also www.denniskirk.com Nerf bars are a good idea. Maybe a full chassis skid plate or a steering stabilizer. That is if you ride a lot of rough trails and woods. Good luck. I'm sure he will love what ever you get him.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ida_Mann

I notice your'e in Apopka,,,,you might want to give ATP a call(407-880-3171), they are suppliers of pretty much everyone as far as aftermarket pieces and can get you decent prices,,,,they also might be able to help with a decision.

what kind of protective gear does your son have now? maybe that would be a way to go?

Maybe a new set of plastics?  tons of colors I'm sure are available.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

FlyingDog

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 08, 2006, 08:26:39 PM
I notice your'e in Apopka,,,,you might want to give ATP a call(407-880-3171), they are suppliers of pretty much everyone as far as aftermarket pieces and can get you decent prices,,,,they also might be able to help with a decision.

what kind of protective gear does your son have now? maybe that would be a way to go?

Maybe a new set of plastics?  tons of colors I'm sure are available.

Id@

His ATV is bone stock. We ride mostly on the Ocala trail system.

Rob
Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX

klutchbuster400

Steering stabilizer, razr tires are really good, I also like my kenda klaws, you can switch them around for either hard packed, or soft terrain. maybe a new handle bar, they are relatively cheap. Look on www.btosports.com They sell oneal habdle bars for like 25 shippped. Being that you are close by to atp, I would check them out. I have bought from them and they are dependable.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com