ATV law- Marion County Public Hearing Dec 12th at 5:00PM

Started by GrizzlyBear, November 02, 2006, 10:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyBear

Now is the time, anyone wanting to be heard on if Marion County should opt out of the ATV law needs to be present on Dec 12th at 5:00pm at the County Commission auditorium at this time. If you can not be ther and you would like input, email me at Terry@onfa.org.  I will take these emails with me so that I can speak as representing many who want it.  If you live in Marion County, put your address on the email, if you live outside, conveniently forget it.

Terry
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

CEC

 As far as riding in the forest, would it matter if Marion opps out? I know that there are named and numbered dirt roads in the forest that would be nice to use, but I was thinking that if they "Marion County" opp out or not the forest is fed. land not state land so they are not bound by law to follow state law. I don't know for sure how that works, I'm sure you know a lot more about that than I do. 
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

GrizzlyBear

The Ocala Forest, being federal land has already opted out.  However, in Marion County we have over 1000 miles of dirt roads.  These are the roads we would like them to leave open.  It has been a month since the law passed and we are hoping that nothing serious or stupid happens by Dec 12th,  then we can say- leave it as is.  But I need support- numbers speak loudly.-  so please email me if you can not be there.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

CEC

I think when a state passes a law that law should be for the state to follow.Countys should not be able to decide if they are going to follow or not.I'll send you a e-mail support. Think about this for a minute and this is just one example"The next time you and some friends are playing cards or watching football or having a couple of beers and the cops knock on the door and say it's after 10:00 p.m. and your being to loud and thats called disturbing the peace.... And we respond?Well officers me and my family own this land and we OPPED out of that disturbing the peace law.Just a thought.
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

Mars

Terry,
Tried to send you mail but the link does not work.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

GrizzlyBear

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

GrizzlyBear

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

GrizzlyBear

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Loven It

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on November 10, 2006, 08:48:53 AM
2 emails, does't anyone care?

Terry what is that you need the email to say? I will work up a draft and email you and then I can post it on the forum for people to use as well. I will "conviently" leave my address of it lol.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

GrizzlyBear

I just want people to say, in there own words, that thay are in favor of the ATV law being left alone.  We do not want Marion County to opt out.  I am going to try to get them to leave it alone until October 1, 2007 as a trial.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Quadracer

#0 06 YFZ 450 50th Ann
05 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew Cab
Flowmaster Exhaust
K&N Full Out
www.myspace.com/atvrider65

GrizzlyBear

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

GrizzlyBear

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

GrizzlyBear

4 days to go- AND the Ocala Star Banner came out against the law today.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Mars

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com