Riding Boots.... Run Big? or Small?

Started by MPTonyT, October 27, 2006, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPTonyT

like the topic says do riding boots run big or small or right on? what are the best for ATV riding? i do mostly trail riding. i was thinking about the AXO Slammer Boots? anyone have these? likes, dislikes?
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

ebtrx450r

Your best bet would be to go to your local Cycle gear or similar store and try a few on. They can vary depending on the brand. Even if you purchase them somewhere else atleast you'll have the peace of mind that they will fit! Good Luck!

MPTonyT

yeah i had planned on going to cycle gear in st pete to try some on but i was just curious cause my moms buggin me on what to get me for X mas.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

BonesTM

in  my experience they run about a size smaller. For example my size is an 11 but the boots have to be a 12 to fit me. I have seen this with thor and oneal boots. The best bet is to try them on at a local shop.
If your not living on the edge.....
   Well, your just taking up to much Space!
2005 Suzuki Z400, ProTaper, K&N Filter, ProArmor SwingArm Plate, ASV C5 Levers, Pro Armor Skid Plate, Maxxis Razars Rear, ITP Holeshot Front
2004 Yamaha 350 Bruin 4x4

Quadracer

I just bought some answer boots and they run about 1 size bigger than normal shoes.
Ex. i take 12's and i bought 13's
#0 06 YFZ 450 50th Ann
05 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew Cab
Flowmaster Exhaust
K&N Full Out
www.myspace.com/atvrider65

450rcrazy

I normally wear 12's but in riden boots 13's I just got some axo slammers I love them no break in period they probably are'nt the best for jumping due to less ankle support , but for trail riding hitting small jumps (like off the side of berms) or hill climbing their great .easy to walk in as well.
                 see ya on the trails

Fox17

Quote from: MPTonyT on October 27, 2006, 04:52:55 PM
yeah i had planned on going to cycle gear in st pete to try some on but i was just curious cause my moms buggin me on what to get me for X mas.

already?


Quote from: 450rcrazy on October 27, 2006, 08:35:47 PM
I normally wear 12's but in riden boots 13's I just got some axo slammers I love them no break in period they probably are'nt the best for jumping due to less ankle support , but for trail riding hitting small jumps (like off the side of berms) or hill climbing their great .easy to walk in as well.
                 see ya on the trails


same here. i have fox tracker.

Bigscrb15

I don't wear them but I will say one thing. If you try them on at a local shop buy them there! It's not right that they pay all that money for a building and inventory and someone comes in and tries them on then orders online for cheaper. Also if you find they aren't right after using them you may be able to exchange for a size.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

klutchbuster400

sorry to steal your thread dude, but anyone know a good mx brand? I need new boots  :(

Mars

I like Alpinestars and MSR for bikes. I prefer the Oneal ATV boot for trail ridding. As with any shoe; brand and cost is secound to comfort.
MSR and Oneal boots: 1/2 size above your shoe size should do it.
Alpinestars, at least my last pair, go down 1/2 size. (9 1/2 shoe= 9 boot)
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com