450r or yfz?

Started by KD 428, October 01, 2006, 03:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD 428

Hey I am planning on buying a new atv in the next 2 weeks or so. I am mostly going to be trailriding(croom) and riding levys(holylands), But every once in a while(once or twice a month) going to seminole motocross. I am wondering which to buy, a honda 450r or a yfz 450. So far I've heard that the 06 and 07 honda engines are not as good as the 04 and 05's. I am leaning toward a new leftover 05 450r, but not completely sure yet. any suggestions?

  thanks in advance
                        Kenny
;D
HONDA CRF450R

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Jax_Rdr_01

450r because its a honda  :wink.gif
05 400ex
two brother m-7 pipe
k&n filter
dyno jet kit
WB rev kit
um nerfs
07 King Quad 450

KD 428

ok thats 2-0. Anyone else have any suggestions?
HONDA CRF450R

Fox17

im gonna have to say 450R too. definately get a 05 though. with a kicker and all that. no battery. great machines. im gonna be getting one in a few months.  ;D

KD 428

Quote from: Fox17 on October 01, 2006, 05:29:19 PM
im gonna have to say 450R too. definately get a 05 though. with a kicker and all that. no battery. great machines. im gonna be getting one in a few months.  ;D

Yea i was going to get the 05 kicker. anyways anyone know whats exactly wrong with the 06 and 07s?
HONDA CRF450R

ebtrx450r

I have an 06 and I haven't had any problems! It's faster than the 04 and the 05's. If you want a kicker get an 06 or an 07. They make both with kick start.

Alba450

Quote from: hondarider05 on October 01, 2006, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on October 01, 2006, 05:29:19 PM
im gonna have to say 450R too. definately get a 05 though. with a kicker and all that. no battery. great machines. im gonna be getting one in a few months.  ;D

Yea i was going to get the 05 kicker. anyways anyone know whats exactly wrong with the 06 and 07s?

Tranny's are screwing up....
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

450rcrazy

ive got an 06 450r I love it and i havent heard anything bad about the trannies,the only thing I have heard about was the electric starter cluch breaking but only when people try starting it with the throttle opened up 06 is faster for sure.stock 06 vrs stock 05

ebtrx450r

Quote from: Alba450 on October 01, 2006, 05:48:05 PM
Quote from: hondarider05 on October 01, 2006, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on October 01, 2006, 05:29:19 PM
im gonna have to say 450R too. definately get a 05 though. with a kicker and all that. no battery. great machines. im gonna be getting one in a few months.  ;D

Yea i was going to get the 05 kicker. anyways anyone know whats exactly wrong with the 06 and 07s?

Tranny's are screwing up....

the only problem they've been having with the transmissions is with the ones with built engines. and being ridden as hard as the pros do. so If you don't plan on having a full on race machine then you'll be just fine

4fittyr

05 450r is the best machine on the market, i got mine xmas eve 04 and it rocks  no problems
if u can't be good be good at it

rubicon500kid

iv herd ppl are geting more power out of the 05s
i know the 06's are faster stock but iv herd the 05s with engine mods are better
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

#13_LT-R450

LT-R = SICK!!!!

Why stroke it two times when you can stroke it four?

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

RAD 450r

If i were you id wait and get the kfxr450
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Tripyn

It is all a matter of what you like.  Both bikes are fast, handle well and are rock solid on the track.  I have an 06' 450R with a pipe, cam, jetted (more or less the HRC kit) and I run neck and neck with a modded YFZ.  The only trouble I have had is the starter issue and that was right out of the box.  They fixed it and it has run great since and I ride the pizz out of it every weekend. My recommendation is to try both before you buy, I rode my buddies YFZ before and did not like it.  I rode an R and loved it. Good luck with your purchase!

gearhead400

well from everything i have read with no REAL riding experience, for what your going to ride i would say the 450r. i've heard they are better if your going to to more trail riding then track, but really it all comes down to personal preference like tripyn said. Ride a friends or see if a dealer somewhere will let you test ride one.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

jeepnrocks

IM gonna have to say the R
Check us out if you have a 450.. or any quad for that matter!!
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/hqlogo33.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/hqlogo33.jpg[/url]

KD 428

Alright!! saturday im gonna pick up my reserved brand new 2005 black kickstart honda 450r!!!!! I'll post up pics in the photo gallery if all goes well. And thanks again for all the repiles. ;D ;D 8)
HONDA CRF450R

4fittyr

great choice  lots of modds to personalize it to be your own  here's mine

[attachment deleted by admin]
if u can't be good be good at it

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com