Current status of Big Scrub and Lake Delancy?

Started by Toomey, September 24, 2006, 01:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomey

Can anyone tell me what the status of Big Scrub and Lake Delancy is?  Can you still camp and ride there like it's always been?  Are these places closed, going to be closed soon? 
I'd like to go up to Ocala sometime but I'm not sure what's up with everything up there.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

quadtographer

Don't know about Big Scrub however there is a big ONFA sponsored ride at Lake Delancy Sept 30th. Check out their site for more info.

-Dan-

I was at BS about 3 weeks ago and you still can park there and ride. I didnt camp out, but I'm sure its more or less the same. I parked right across from the camp entrance and it was no problem.

polaris03

You can still camp at big scrub, but the fun status is low. We went A month ago and the sand pits were closed and you can't play out front. Lake Delancy to me is better. The trail system is nice and you can camp there for 6.00 a night just like Big Scrub.

Teej

Is Lake Delancy as safe place to camp with a family? Are there facilties there and rangers? I have never been to Ocala because of all the horror stories I have heard. However; pictures from there makes it look like a great place to ride and it is only 1 1/2 hrs from us. We live in Branford.

Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

banana-man

What horror stories?

I went with my son(7y/o) to BS, and rode the whole weekend.  The rangers were generally angry and had a real bad attitude toward ATVers.  The pits are closed, and they give tickets when they catch you in there.  They even gave this one guy a warning for going too fast.  There is trash all over the place(plastic and glass bottles, mostly).  The trails are really nice though.  If we don't start to clean up after ourselves, and respect the non-riding areas they will shut us out.

Someone who really knows ONF, please email me, I have some questions.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com