handheld gps

Started by johnyfz450, September 20, 2006, 07:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnyfz450

I was lookin at the explorier 200 anyone use one for onf or anywhere else just wondering what you use that works for trails.Thanks

UncleRico

I use the Garmin Marine

Remember to chose one with good battery life and/or battery saver function.


I had the Garmin 101 and it went through batteries so fast that it wouldn't last the day.

Here's a comparison chart that I found handy.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/handheldcomparison.php
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

stacktester

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

stacktester

I kind of agree that the 101 does go thru batteries quick but it will last all day. What I do is when we leave camp I mark that spot and then turn it off. Once I'm ready to return to camp I turn it on and navigate back. Who wants to watch a dumb arrow all day lol. I usually can go all weekend without changing batteries and then some if you do the above.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

johnyfz450

thanks for the fast replys

Bigscrb15

i have the explorist 500 and couldnt be any happier, great features and battery life.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com