New Riding area coming to Lee County?

Started by Eiger0801, September 06, 2006, 08:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eiger0801

Hey all,

I just talked to the mayer of Cape Coral about getting some more riding areas in Cape Coral and Lee County and he informed me that right now that Zemel Property North of Festival Park should be coming soon, he said that it is 160 acres, he also stated that he is looking for input on what to use that land for. 

PLEASE GUYS AND GALS NOW IS THE TIME TO WRITE, E-MAIL OR CALL HIS OFFICE SO WE CAN HAVE A PLACE TO RIDE.  DONT LET UP AND CALL OR E-MAIL EVERYDAY SO WE CAN HAVE SOME FUN!!! 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE NEEDS SOME MORE INFORMATION.


Dr.Dirt

Too bad they just can't open up the Yucapan again... But we will take whatever they give to us, so hopefully we can get that 160 acres.

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

MudOutLaw97

I hate to be negitive but Its cape coral they never do anything for anyone unless your 65 or older but t would be ne to have somewhere close to ride again leagley
06 polaris sportsman 500 HO EFI on 28 outlaws, 3000 waren

Shotgun


4fittyr

more info plz could u send me a map quest of the area from venice, to bad the yuccapins was a great winter nite ridin spots for yrs
if u can't be good be good at it

Eiger0801

I dont have any more information other than what I posted.  Please keep on the mayor of Cape Coral so we can secure this riding area.

Shotgun


Thrumud

#8
Cape Coral is such a mess right now with politics, I don't think they will open anything there. The Yankees have taken over.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

ScooterB

Dennis any word on the Lee County Park  ???

Did the Comission vote on it ???

Havent heard an update since the last OHV Meeting in Ft Myers
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Shotgun

Quote from: Thrumud on December 06, 2006, 05:02:48 AM
Cape Coral is such a mess right now with politics, I don't think the will open anything there. The Yankees have taken over.

You made it sound like a done deal a couple months ago. Whats up with that?

Thrumud

Last time I got an e-mail from Fred Johnson he said there was an issue for riders to access the location from SR82, I believe we would have to drive through some private property to get to the actual location. Last he said that this should be cleared by January, next month.  I will contact him this coming week and give ya'll an update.  Like all political agencies you get robotic answers. I will but the pressure on him this week.

PS - At the last OHV meeting Fred Johnson said its a go for the park, but there are several obsticles they would have to clear, this may take some time but for now everything is going well.

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Team-Red_Rider

any updates im in north cape coral over off del prado....i ride out in north trails....im the kid with all the trikes...but anyways i doubt cape will do any thing weve had that damn mexican dude get arrested and its been all hell since then...and anyone who wants me to talk to the mayor about this he will be at my school later .(ida baker high).tell me what to say to him
current bikes
1982 Honda ATC 250R (  im in!!)
1983 Honda ATC 110
1984 Honda V65 sabre
1984 Honda ATC 120R
1984 yamaha tri-zinger (parting out)
1985 Honda ATC 110R
1985 Honda ATC 110
1985 Honda ATC 250ES BIG-RED
1986 Honda ATC 200s
1990 honda ATC 80Xr
2005 Kawasaki kx 250(parting out)
2