THUNDERBOWL 9/02/06 CANCELLED.... RESCHEDULED

Started by Hoosier Daddy, August 28, 2006, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier Daddy

Well guys do to Mother Nature the will be NO RACE on 9/02/06, the first points race will be 09/16/06. I will update the SFTL website here in a few. Plain and simple due to the heavy rains everyday and the upcoming storm the track has been turned to slop, if you guys have seen gumbo clay you can relate!  Were turning the 9/16/06 race from a non-points to a points race.
Feel free to post questions about the race or series on this thread.

Chris

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik

Thank You for the post Chris.
Yes, due to the recent weather (lots & lots of rain), and the TropicalStorm/Hurricane that is supposed to be coming, the Sep. 2nd race at Thunderbowl has been cancelled. All the rain has halted the track construction, and it will take SEVERAL days for the new clay to dry out where it's workable. The upside is that it gives everybody 2 more weeks to get their quads ready to race.

yfz#78

yeah, I guess monsoon season isn't good for track repair. the trail riding must be nice though.
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

HillKiller

Quote from: yfz#78 on August 29, 2006, 12:14:42 AM
yeah, I guess monsoon season isn't good for track repair. the trail riding must be nice though.
Trail riding? What's that? It's on an oval or nothing. And now it's just nothing :'( :'( :'(
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

I feel a pool party coming on!  :ThumbsUp.gif
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

HillKiller

Quote from: HillKiller on August 29, 2006, 07:27:47 AM
Quote from: yfz#78 on August 29, 2006, 12:14:42 AM
yeah, I guess monsoon season isn't good for track repair. the trail riding must be nice though.
Trail riding? What's that? It's on an oval or nothing. And now it's just nothing :'( :'( :'(
Well I guess Brewmaster will be off the hook :(  How 'bout it Brew, are you going to make it on the 16th instead?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

HillKiller

  You mean "Hurricane Party"? ;D   Will it be CO?? ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Skully

Well........ El Crapo!!!!
I was really looking forward to this weekend, but you can't fool with Mother Nature. I can only imagine Brady's frustration with all of the rain the past week.

Anyway, I am out of town the following two weekends, so I hope to see Ya'll in Jasper, MAYBE with the LT250/500 hybrid!!

And does anyone know if Jasper has any practice nites and do they allow overnite camping at the track?

Jim
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

HillKiller

Quote from: Skully on August 29, 2006, 08:47:25 AM
Well........ El Crapo!!!!
I was really looking forward to this weekend, but you can't fool with Mother Nature. I can only imagine Brady's frustration with all of the rain the past week.

Anyway, I am out of town the following two weekends, so I hope to see Ya'll in Jasper, MAYBE with the LT250/500 hybrid!!

And does anyone know if Jasper has any practice nites and do they allow overnite camping at the track?

Jim

Jim,
  I will put in a call to Wade at Jasper and find out if camping is ok and if the have any hookups. We are still on for Sept 23 but they don't have practice nights except for the afternoon before racing starts.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

derek330

oh well...... i kinda figured we would get rained out!! i could use the extra weekend to work on my bike anyway... and dougs hookiedookie motor.... :P
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Skully

Thanks Dave,
My trailer is self-contained if that helps any.
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

HillKiller

   I haven't been able to reach Wade but I spoke with some guys who have been there. They said there is room to park but not certain if there is water/ elec but there is a campground at the same exit...Eagle Lake I think.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

dreth

sorry to here it but it works for me so i can get my sons quad back together ! didnt want him to miss the 1st race and now he wont have to. see yall on th 16

BrewMaster

#14
Well i guess you guys have luck on your side! Ill be at the next race, that gives me enough time to see who else I can bring. You girls better get some practice, hit the gym, start working out. Because Im coming to wear you out!  8)

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

BrewMaster


Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: BrewMaster on August 31, 2006, 08:54:16 AM
screw you dude.

Brew, I found this pic of you... you have some explaining to do..


BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Quad32x

Quote from: BrewMaster on August 31, 2006, 08:54:16 AM
screw you dude.
Dang Brew ! If your looking to get your a$$ whipped at the track just keep talkin to THAT GUY in a rude and nasty manner and thats what you will get ! It aint NOTHING for that fellow to whoop a mans a$$ ! You may of heard of him. And after a good ole Florida style a$$ whoopin he might just give you a sound cornholeing. Hes done it before and Im sure he would do it again ! :o
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Quad32x on August 31, 2006, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: BrewMaster on August 31, 2006, 08:54:16 AM
screw you dude.
Dang Brew ! If your looking to get your a$$ whipped at the track just keep talkin to THAT GUY in a rude and nasty manner and thats what you will get ! It aint NOTHING for that fellow to whoop a mans a$$ ! You may of heard of him. And after a good ole Florida style a$$ whoopin he might just give you a sound cornholeing. Hes done it before and Im sure he would do it again ! :o

How about i do the whoopin and your do the cornin'?  thats the way we usually do it.. ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik

Hell, I'll do the corn holein'. If I close my eyes it'll be whatever lovely lady I want. Plus, you may not know that pitchin' don't make you queer, just catchin'. Besides, I'm married, so this might be the closest I get to some "action" this month. :o

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

derek330

hey ric i dont believe i would have told that!! !! :o
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Paul_S

Quote from: fastrnrik on August 31, 2006, 11:48:47 AM
Hell, I'll do the corn holein'. If I close my eyes it'll be whatever lovely lady I want. Plus, you may not know that pitchin' don't make you queer, just catchin'. Besides, I'm married, so this might be the closest I get to some "action" this month. :o
Hey, I don't know if the invitation to camp at my place when your at Crossroads now applies to Grady. LOL.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com