New Shout Box

Started by mrbones, August 28, 2006, 04:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

I added a shout box today that works kinda like a chat. You can just type in a message and click shout. Let me know how you like it.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Fox17

it is cool. leave it please.  :ThumbsUp.gif

mrbones

Yeah. The question is, is it a chat or a shout box? A true shout box wouldn't refresh every 5 seconds. It might be every minute or something like that. Then, you couldn't chat. Hmmm.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

mrbones

Oh yeah, you can minimize the shout box, too. Click that little square on the right side.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

53yfz450

i think its more of a open chat. but its still cool 8)
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

UncleRico

It makes me sorta nervous...

I was like "Hey, What's up?" and then Fox17 was like "What are you wearing?"

and I was like "I gotta go."
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Bigscrb15

yes, it refreshes way too much, great idea though i like it
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cheropride

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on August 28, 2006, 05:44:58 PM
yes, it refreshes way too much, great idea though i like it

I thought it was just me.  Haven't been on for a couple days due to new computer and just busy as hell.  But it does seem like, atleast on my computer, hard to keep up with, I have to keep going down. 

I do think it is cool though, great work bones...
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

o4250

Give it 2 weeks before some one gets offended by what gets written in there lol

UncleRico

Quote from: o4250 on August 28, 2006, 09:18:49 PM
Give it 2 weeks before some one gets offended by what gets written in there lol

"Probably one of those filthy Danes, Ronnie"   - Ron and Ron

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

svtbolt04

Quote from: o4250 on August 28, 2006, 09:18:49 PM
Give it 2 weeks before some one gets offended by what gets written in there lol

Too bad images cant be posted...
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Sleazy_Rider78

Cool idea, but I am noticing that I have the same problem where I have to keep scrolling down in order to see the latest shout out.  When I finally get all the way to the bottom it automatically scrolls back to the top.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

Loven It

Quote from: Sleazy_Rider78 on August 28, 2006, 11:59:06 PM
Cool idea, but I am noticing that I have the same problem where I have to keep scrolling down in order to see the latest shout out.  When I finally get all the way to the bottom it automatically scrolls back to the top.

Same thing for me. It also seems like it is affecting the loading of all the other pages too.
Like when I click to go to a new board it is slow loading the next page and it seems like it is waiting for the chat box the refresh before it loads the next page.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

mrbones

I changed the refresh on it from 5 seconds to 10. Lets see how that works out.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

MachineDog

Looks pretty good, we'll see how the constant refreshing does. I would think you could set it up to refresh when someone posts.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

mikeE36

i recommended this a while ago. i'm glad to see you used my suggestion.

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com