About to purchase new quad....can you help?

Started by 02YamahaBigBear400, November 16, 2004, 04:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02YamahaBigBear400

Hey guys I went to the dealership yesterday looking for a new quad but I knew which two i was interested in. I like the Suzuki Vinson 4x4 500 auto or manual. They have three 04s left. The other is the Formen S but they didn't have any in and they said the new 05s were coming Dec. 8th. So I need help deciding on the vinson or the foreman. What would you get!
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

Chuck_Norris

you will be happy with either one that you choose.

o4250

You will also be happy riding home and not pushing that susucki home ;D ;D

J/k

 but honda gets my vote :)

NPRVinson

I have an '03 Vinson and have had no problems with it. It's got about 1500 miles on it. No complaints. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good luck.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

sk8r_dude

A buddy of mine bought 2 vinsons and is very happy. Great handling for a non IRS bike. Also, the dealers are discounting the 04 models he got his far below suggested retail. Check the motorcycle trader for price ranges. Good Luck!
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

bbf


SLOW450R

the new 05 Honda has lots of upgrades like new front disks, larger engine, and can be had with GPS and other goodies.  You can go to the Honda site for the full rundown.

I own an older Foreman S and can attest to the reliability, like all Honda stuff it is ROCK solid.

With the new improvements I am sure you cant go wrong with the Honda
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

kawGIRL

Do yourself a favor, wether it's Suzuki or honda give ARS in okeechobee a call or you may be spending more than you should   :o
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

customrubicon

My name says it all. I am Honda all the way. My wife has a suzuki and it is very reliable. I would go with the Honda personally.
 Tony
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

J.D.

Have you considered Arctic Cat ? Suzuki motor , bigger gas tank , more ground clearance , more rack capacity , locking front diff , more suspension travel .  Much better bike .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

LIV2RIDE

Quote from: 02YamahaBigBear400 on November 16, 2004, 04:00:02 PM
Hey guys I went to the dealership yesterday looking for a new quad but I knew which two i was interested in. I like the Suzuki Vinson 4x4 500 auto or manual. They have three 04s left. The other is the Formen S but they didn't have any in and they said the new 05s were coming Dec. 8th. So I need help deciding on the vinson or the foreman. What would you get!


I think you should get the vinson.

Check out  --------------------------> [url="//www.quadsforchrist.net"]www.quadsforchrist.net[/url]

stump66

Just me personally but I fell in love with the new Polaris 800 twin if your going ute and going big.
Bartow Motor sports is moving and has some great deals. Just my 2cents  :)
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

FORDFANZ

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwscroll

Two places to buy bikes that I would recommend. ARS in southcentral fla, or Southern Honda.com they're in Tenn. but I saved $1200 per bike. No one in three states could touch it.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

speedman8903

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!

yunt2ride

Quote from: jwscroll on June 12, 2005, 12:21:24 AM
Two places to buy bikes that I would recommend. ARS in southcentral fla, or Southern Honda.com they're in Tenn. but I saved $1200 per bike. No one in three states could touch it.

That may be because they did not charge you tax. If you buy a quad out of state then you don't get charged tax but if you ever register it in Florida you will pay tax when you bring it to the state. If you were gonna ride croom then you would need to register it I beleive.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

jwscroll

This is correct. the taxes get paid when the bikes get registered here. I still only have to pay taxes on $4000 instead of $5200 which was the best anyone else could do. It's worth checking out if nothing else.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

raptor426

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

o4250

Quote from: raptor426 on June 14, 2005, 03:24:23 PM
The new Grizzlys are pretty nice.

This is from 2004. I am sure he has decided. ::)