NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....

Started by Yamaha72, August 08, 2006, 02:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamaha72

I would like to put one in my Raptor, as they are stronger, fire better and are just overall better.... If I get one it will be the stock heat range... Will this require me to rejet?, as my raptor runs a little rich on the stock plug... What are the benefits of an Iridium plug? All the people I ride with run them and they seem to make the bikes run smother and stronger... and for only $7.00 it would be worth it. What is your input on these relatively new pieces?

Thanks Yamaha72
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

RAD 450r

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

RJ

A friend of mine gave me one of these to try in one of my 250r's. My first thought was a person has to be nuts to spend that much for a spark plug. Boy, was I wrong. It felt like I gained a few horsepower. So, I put them in my YFZ, 330r, my kids' 295 powervalve and 400ex. All of the engines run smoother, cooler and stronger. They seem to give a more complete burn to the fuel and they last much longer. It may not be a piece of expensive, flashy chrome to make you look fast, or a bunch of big dollar go fast bolt ons, but your quad will appreciate it.

Fox17

i couldnt find one for a YFZ 450? what is the serial number or whatever?

Yamaha72

Mostly all the new 450's come with them installed from the factory... ;)
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Yamaha72

#5
Man what a difference this made..... I just put on a 12-tooth front sprocket aswell.... can anyone say 4th gear + wheelies... :L 2:L :L 2:L  I honestly can't keep the front end down... up to 3rd, then 4th it will come up a little.... when i'm not even trying to do a wheelie, a TORQUE MONSTER and I love it.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150