Suspension question for a Raptor 660

Started by lovles2274, August 15, 2006, 07:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovles2274

Hi everyone....I know that a YFZ450 front shocks will fit on my Raptor but I've heard that the rear shock won't fit.  I want to know what would be a good upgrade for the rear shock without spending the cash for a new aftermarket piece.  Is there shock from another quad that I could get to upgrade.  Or, have I heard wrong and the YFZ450 rear will fit??? 

Also, I've heard that the new LTR450's front shocks are set up stiff from the factory.  I have +2 a-arms so if the stock shocks from the Suzuki would fit I think they might be a good setup for me (240 pound rider)...

Give me some input...I think my rear shock is defective (worn out, seals blown, something).  Its a 2004 and I can't tell any change when adjusting the compression.  The rebound adjustment still works...

John

klutchbuster400

Get a re-valve for the rear,
What kind of suspension do you have in the front? Cant be stock if you have plus 2 a-arms. Unless you are running standard travel, then you couldnt use lt-r shocks becuase I think ( dont qoute me) the lt-r has long travel shocks.

svtbolt04

Get YFZ450 fronts, send your rear shock along with the YFZ shocks to GT thunder and get them revalved and re-sprung.. Your looking at 700 bucks, but people swear up and down that Laz does a great job and makes it just as good as any other shock company out there.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

01ZX12R

I have a rear Elka for the Raptor also have the Elka link. I am parting out my raptor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

klutchbuster400

I think I've seen that bike at seminole before...

01ZX12R

Never been to Seminole, just Sandmountain and ONF
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

klutchbuster400

Quote from: 01ZX12R on August 16, 2006, 12:21:07 AM
Never been to Seminole, just Sandmountain and ONF
Oh ok, saw an all black raptor with elkas about 3 weeks ago their, thought it was yours :D