honda 400ex bored to 440 and exhaust

Started by jcaldwell, July 31, 2006, 06:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcaldwell

I rebuilt my engine a while back and I can't remember if it was a 11:1 or a 10:1 is there any way to find out what piston I put in the motor?  And what kind of muffler would be best for my bike?  Thanks
Honda 400ex
Sportsman 500

Fox17

do you have the reciets or papres on it? they should say. get a wb exhaust.

jcaldwell

if I had the papers I would know but I lost them and why a WB?
Honda 400ex
Sportsman 500

derek330

if you calculate your volume at top dead center and compare it to your volume at bottom dead center that will give you your compression ratio...   

ex.  if you had a 410cc's at bottom dead center and had 37.2cc's at top then you would have an 11:1 compression ratio. you could test the compression with a guage but you can not accuratly calculate the compression this way because it will change with different cams...
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com