Exxon - 10.4 Billion with a "B" in 90 days

Started by UncleRico, July 27, 2006, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

Something to think about next time you're at the pump....

Exxon made a PROFIT of 10.4 Billion over the last 90 days.
That's $1,318.00 per second.
And that's just ONE of the oil companies.

Side note: Kuwait, that country we went to in the early 1990's and saved from destruction, and put out all their oil well fires,  just gave a gift of $700.00 to each of it's citizens yesterday.  The Kuwaiti economy hit an all time high GDP, thanks to it's oil exports. In a country that has no income tax, socialized medicine, and free education, is giving away cash now.

I'm sure glad our men and women in the service helped that country, but how about some reciprocation?




UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Bigscrb15

I agree it is crazy they make that much profit. Although when you look at sales thats only 8.4% profit. That is really not that much compared to a lot of other businesses.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

RTR_380/450R

Technically,
That about 5% more profit than in the car business!  Maybe I need to go into oil!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 27, 2006, 10:52:06 PM
I agree it is crazy they make that much profit. Although when you look at sales thats only 8.4% profit. That is really not that much compared to a lot of other businesses.

seconded,,,,and how much taxes did they pay on that 10Billion?  Don't know but considering the government gets about $.40 something cents per gallon,,,,I bet they paid a lot.

no news about that is there?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Old_School

Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 28, 2006, 06:27:26 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 27, 2006, 10:52:06 PM
I agree it is crazy they make that much profit. Although when you look at sales thats only 8.4% profit. That is really not that much compared to a lot of other businesses.

seconded,,,,and how much taxes did they pay on that 10Billion?  Don't know but considering the government gets about $.40 something cents per gallon,,,,I bet they paid a lot.

no news about that is there?

Id@

Profit means that taxes, employee salaries, insurance, etc has already been deducted and what's left is money they put in their pocket. It's F'n sad. I wish some crazy unabomber would send a package to the CEO headquaters and blow those F'ers up. Ted, you listening?  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

UncleRico

As we all sat around the water cooler at work today, complaining about how much money the oil companies were making, a colleague of mine known as "the mad russian" piped in...


"America, I don't understand, you say capitalism is a good thing, then when these companies succeed at these things, you complain. I no understand America", he said.


Which got me to thinking.....he's right.

But I was like "You stupid communist, shut up!!"

I think he learned his lesson.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

mikeE36

I say we finally start pumping the iraqi oil

4fittyr

in my opinion give 72 hrs for all us troops to leave iraq and then bomb it kill everyone left there then open it up as us oil company   2 problems solved all troops r home war ended and gas is 1.00 a gallon again   hey we can dream but hydrogen vecihles are in the future water to gas thats f" ed up
if u can't be good be good at it

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Old_School on July 28, 2006, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 28, 2006, 06:27:26 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 27, 2006, 10:52:06 PM
I agree it is crazy they make that much profit. Although when you look at sales thats only 8.4% profit. That is really not that much compared to a lot of other businesses.

seconded,,,,and how much taxes did they pay on that 10Billion?  Don't know but considering the government gets about $.40 something cents per gallon,,,,I bet they paid a lot.

no news about that is there?

Id@

Profit means that taxes, employee salaries, insurance, etc has already been deducted and what's left is money they put in their pocket. It's F'n sad. I wish some crazy unabomber would send a package to the CEO headquaters and blow those F'ers up. Ted, you listening?  -Mark

Are you absolutely sure about that?

I'll prefice that by saying I'm not absolutely sure that they have not paid the taxes yet,,,,,but I'm thinking I want to do some research now.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dreth

Quote from: 4fittyr on July 28, 2006, 08:46:41 PM
in my opinion give 72 hrs for all us troops to leave iraq and then bomb it kill everyone left there then open it up as us oil company   2 problems solved all troops r home war ended and gas is 1.00 a gallon again   hey we can dream but hydrogen vecihles are in the future water to gas thats f" ed up



im with you :ThumbsUp.gif

UncleRico

Ida, the government imposed taxes collected by the corporation are categorized in the accounting process as a current liability under payables.  A company that size pays the tax on a really small turn around.

The profit is after the taxes.

That's not to say that the government isn't raking it in, but Exxon is KILLING it.


UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Alba450

#12
Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 28, 2006, 06:27:26 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 27, 2006, 10:52:06 PM
I agree it is crazy they make that much profit. Although when you look at sales thats only 8.4% profit. That is really not that much compared to a lot of other businesses.

seconded,,,,and how much taxes did they pay on that 10Billion?  Don't know but considering the government gets about $.40 something cents per gallon,,,,I bet they paid a lot.

no news about that is there?

Id@

They didn't pay a dime of TAX!!!  When your weathly as h#ll and you do what the GOV tells you you get taking cared off.  LEt's say Exxon has 400,000 Employes and Exxon says hey yall everyone gets a $10 raise if you vote for BUSH.  Thats how the game is played my freinds.......
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

RAD 450r

Coporations are werid and work in strange ways especially taxes, Ive studied it, pretty confusing, alot of laws
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com