boozing it up at croom

Started by Starbuc71, July 21, 2006, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starbuc71

I'm so sick and tired of going out to croom and in the middle of nowhere seeing ton's of empty beer bottles and cans lying all over the trails.  What is wrong with people.  Do we really want to loose one of our only riding areas because someone can not refrain from a beer while enjoying their sport?  I love a cold brew as much as the next guy, but lets use some common sense and keep the bottles and cans where they belong.
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

cheropride

I know exactly what you are say, I see it just about everywhere.  Some riders can be such pigs when it comes to their trash, it gives us a bad name & really ticks me off that people do that.  You know it is real simple, 1) bring a trash bag 2) leave the bottles at home or at camp (the purge on the ride anyway) 3) have something on your atv that you can dispose of your cans/bottles.  Real simple.

You know it weighs less when your leaving, so just simply PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF.  Bcz they will ruin it for everyone else.....

Would be nice to have clean up days say @ croom and holey lands.  Would atleast show that most atv riders respect the areas we ride in.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

TRX450R_Racer

Two months ago we cleaned up all the trash around the parts tree at Croom.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

svtbolt04

Quote from: cheropride on July 21, 2006, 10:12:22 AM
I know exactly what you are say, I see it just about everywhere.  Some riders can be such pigs when it comes to their trash, it gives us a bad name & really ticks me off that people do that.  You know it is real simple, 1) bring a trash bag 2) leave the bottles at home or at camp (the purge on the ride anyway) 3) have something on your atv that you can dispose of your cans/bottles.  Real simple.

You know it weighs less when your leaving, so just simply PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF.  Bcz they will ruin it for everyone else.....

Would be nice to have clean up days say @ croom and holey lands.  Would atleast show that most atv riders respect the areas we ride in.


How about the respect for other riders and NOT drink while your riding. It puts everyone in danger of someone who is intoxicated and very impaired when it comes to motorskills.

When you go on the trails, bring sports drinks.. Gatorade, water.. Not beer.

I bet you would feel real bad if you were at croom and the person who was buzzing was a little behind, and he was playing catch up.. And someone made the mistake and got their bike caught in a tree around a corner creating a bottle neck situation.. He comes flying up and rams into everyone.. And whos to say since you let people drink that ride with you that a little kid is riding on the back and ends up the atv on their back...

Sure its bad to leave behind stuff, but I would rather pass a bottle of water on the ground other than someone who was drunk and hit a tree going 50mph in the trails.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Old_School

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Chevy1500z71


Ida_Mann

heck, I don't even leave cig butts on the ground,,,I take them with me when I ride.

I wish others had the same respect for the forest.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

cheropride

I do understand what you are saying, but in defense of myself and those I ride with, we do not go out and get trashed.  When we ride, we go for really long rides, and yea we may stop after about hour or two of riding, stop and have a beer.  We don't sit there and drink 6pk and then proceed to ride.  But I am not going to sit here and say, no I never drink and ride.  And yes, my kid rides w/us, and no he does not sit on the back of atv, and no we don't haul a$$, we trail ride and take our time, usually don't see any one else for hours. 

Is it wrong to drive drunk, absolutley!!!  Is it wrong to drive when you are trashed absolutely, but that's not what we do.  Now, when we get back to camp, that's a different story (lol) - No in all seriousness, at that point riding stops and we sit back & have a few more, eat, BS, fall a sleep......

And yea, I'm probably a redneck, and yea, I LOVE THE MUD.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

svtbolt04

But why drink? Dont you think they put the warnings on your quad for a reason?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: svtbolt04 on July 21, 2006, 04:26:52 PM
But why drink? Dont you think they put the warnings on your quad for a reason?
They put don't operate or drive machinery while taking this medication on alot of prescription drugs to but do you think everyone abides by that? I agree with cheropride. I have gotten back to camp alot of times and rested while drinking a cold one and went back out for the next ride without hesitation. I have also came back to camp and had a FEW to many and opted to pass on the next ride knowing it would not be smart. It's called common sense and Knowing your limit. It's the people that ride when their drunk that are morons. Not everyone is a scumbag and leaves their bottles in the woods ,it's usually the drunk ones without sense or morals that do it. Unfortunately there will always be those dirtbags. My wife is one of the people you see that is picking up other peoples trash wherever we go.

CABLEGUY1


fire20

Just my .02 you bring a cooler to carry them when they are full so put them back in the same cooler empty till you get to a trash can and empty it, They really do weigh less and cans take up less space when crushed.
Dave

trx#9

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on July 21, 2006, 05:26:14 PM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on July 21, 2006, 04:26:52 PM
But why drink? Dont you think they put the warnings on your quad for a reason?
They put don't operate or drive machinery while taking this medication on alot of prescription drugs to but do you think everyone abides by that? I agree with cheropride. I have gotten back to camp alot of times and rested while drinking a cold one and went back out for the next ride without hesitation. I have also came back to camp and had a FEW to many and opted to pass on the next ride knowing it would not be smart. It's called common sense and Knowing your limit. It's the people that ride when their drunk that are morons. Not everyone is a scumbag and leaves their bottles in the woods ,it's usually the drunk ones without sense or morals that do it. Unfortunately there will always be those dirtbags. My wife is one of the people you see that is picking up other peoples trash wherever we go.
[/quote Common sense and knowing your limit, some of us can do, but most can't. >:(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Shotgun

It was like that in the Yucapan, beer cans and bottles everywhere.

Brad500

Ummmm......I thought Croom didn't allow alchohol. Probably why people are throwing bottles on the trail rather than bringing them back to camp. Oh and by the way, how many beers will fit into a can of pringles????????????? ;) ;) ;)
2004 Predator 500 Dale jr. edition.              Pro-circuit T-4 silencer                            K&N filter                      &nb

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com