Main Menu

shocks

Started by Fox17, July 19, 2006, 05:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

what are the best shocks in your opinion? i am looking at fox floats or fox evols. what else is out there and are fox good in your opinion?

klutchbuster400

Fox seem to be really good, But i havent rode on any. I LOVE my elkas. I've rode a pep suspended yfz and i liked those shocks too.

#26YFZ

I ride stadiums and i've ridden my brother's Evols.... I'll take the stadiums over them any day.

UncleRico

I keep hearing how good Elka is especially with the linkage option, but I'd hate to spend that much money and not notice a significant difference. 


Anyone ride Elkas?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

dreth

Quote from: UncleRico on July 19, 2006, 10:59:55 AM
I keep hearing how good Elka is especially with the linkage option, but I'd hate to spend that much money and not notice a significant difference. 


Anyone ride Elkas?




i have ridden them for 2 years now and on the 450r elkas dual pro linkage is 500 times better than stock. as for the other suspensions out there; all i can say is when your shopping around is to ask about customer service! how long to get your shocks, how long for repairs, how long to technical help over the phone; these are what i based my purchase on.

i can send my shocks to elka for serviceing and have them back in a week, you cant get a phone call back in a week from axis or pep.

Honda328i

Quote from: UncleRico on July 19, 2006, 10:59:55 AM
I keep hearing how good Elka is especially with the linkage option, but I'd hate to spend that much money and not notice a significant difference. 


Anyone ride Elkas?

I have Elkas (3) on my 400, and beforehand, I would be sore for 2 days after a speed ride, now I hardly notice I've been riding.  Cheap, no, but worth every penny.  I think there are some newer options out there that are good too.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Honda328i on July 19, 2006, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on July 19, 2006, 10:59:55 AM
I keep hearing how good Elka is especially with the linkage option, but I'd hate to spend that much money and not notice a significant difference. 


Anyone ride Elkas?

I have Elkas (3) on my 400, and beforehand, I would be sore for 2 days after a speed ride, now I hardly notice I've been riding.  Cheap, no, but worth every penny.  I think there are some newer options out there that are good too.
Yep, dont want to say how much I paid for mines lol, but they are awesome, I only have the recreational version, but wow, world of a difference. I cant imagine how much better they can get then what i have now.

Alba450

I have Stadiums and their great.  I dont have any problems with them and they are real high quality shock.  Their like the BMW of all shocks..But they come with a BMW price tag 8)
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

svtbolt04

I like my axis setup..
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.