Kfx, Z, 400ex

Started by strtrcr06, July 01, 2006, 10:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strtrcr06

I'm just wondering which bike out of the three (kfx,z,400ex) is the best for what I will be riding. I ride trails and am getting into MX. I know you all are probably going to say the 450's are the best, but I think that is a little too much power for me right now. I'm a beginner. And which one has the most reasonable price.


                    Thanks.
"its not the atv its the rider"
Funny how we believe everything in the newspaper, but question the Bible.

klutchbuster400

whats your favorite color?
That will decide what bike you should get sie the kfx and z are the exact same two bikes, the ex's arent bad, but I just feel my z is better for the track then an ex( I have ridden both z/ex at seminole). If you are going to get into mx seriously, you will have to change everything regardless to just ride both bikes, and see whats more comfortable for you.

Fox17

HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would buy the 400ex bit i perfer honda so thats what i think.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: fox17 on July 01, 2006, 06:06:38 PM
HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would buy the 400ex bit i perfer honda so thats what i think.
He's not going to buy something on a biased answer.....
I told him what I truthfully thought, A z/ kfx would be better for him becuase they have more bang for their buck. Suspension is better, handling is abotu the same, and the z has reverse, which i actually found a way to use on the track lol.

Chevy1500z71

regaurdless of all your opinions the facts are that the z has beter shocks, and is water cooled over the exs air cooled. however if your buying used the ex may be a bit cheaper, but it realy isnt as nice of a bike

MachineDog

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on July 01, 2006, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: fox17 on July 01, 2006, 06:06:38 PM
HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would buy the 400ex bit i perfer honda so thats what i think.
He's not going to buy something on a biased answer.....
I told him what I truthfully thought, A z/ kfx would be better for him becuase they have more bang for their buck. Suspension is better, handling is abotu the same, and the z has reverse, which i actually found a way to use on the track lol.

Ex has reverse now for the 06 and 07 models. If I'm correct the Zuki has more power, but I still like Honda's reliability. Haven't ridden either so can't tell you.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

rubicon500kid

ok look im a honda guy (had  400ex and have a 450r) i had a 400ex and it was fun but i have alos road a z400 and i liked the z400 alot alot more then my 400ex. i would go with a z 400 they got power and they r nice.if i didnt get a 450r i would of gotten a z400
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Dr.Dirt

I've rode them both, the Z400 is a beast compared to the 400EX.  The 400EX is probably one of the most boring quads I have ever ridden IMO..People bring up the reliability issue and reccomend the Honda... From what I have seen, Z400's are very reliable and aside from the magnesium clutch problem that they had, they are probably just as reliable as any 400EX is. Honda needs to step up their game and re-design their 400.

strtrcr06

Oh alright, so sounds like the Z/kfx is the best for me. But more leaning towards the Z. Thanks for you help everybody.
"its not the atv its the rider"
Funny how we believe everything in the newspaper, but question the Bible.

Fox17

yeah the z looks better than the kfx.

strtrcr06

#10
Quote from: fox17 on July 02, 2006, 05:26:34 PM
yeah the z looks better than the kfx.

Alright, well does anybody know someone selling a Z? Preferably year '04 or newer. For a reasonable price. All stock, or just no motor work done to it.
"its not the atv its the rider"
Funny how we believe everything in the newspaper, but question the Bible.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com