Question about GPS

Started by Zoomer, May 19, 2006, 08:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoomer

I am planning on buying a GPS unit before we go to Windrock.  Is there a desent one that won't break my wallet.  I'm not into all that fansy bells and whistle just something that will get us back to basecamp.

ananomaly

I went to Windrock for the first time back in March. I took my GPS but really never used it. Buy the map ( 5.00 ???) at the snack shack and the trails are fairly easy to navigate. I have a Garmin 76. The cost was I think 300.00 about 2 yrs. ago. I know they have come down since then. When are you going??? I'll be up therre the first week and a half of July...
05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

lswjth2

Go to E-bay, do a search for a garmin gps 45, or 48 or 12. or 12xl...Alll those are very good and easy to use. I use a 45 with a handle bar mount on my bike out in the everglades and it works great. I have been able to buy them on e-bay for 35.00  good luck. Also all these models have cigarette  light adapters you can use, and they sell for about 16.00

garym

Garmin makes a cheap model-under $100 and good for your trails-also good for fishing spots-4 penlight batteries will get you 8 hrs. run time-walmart sellsthem

Moose

Try using the search tool on this site. GPS has been discussed many times.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Zoomer

Thanks for all the input.  I'll try ebay and Wal-Mart. We are going to Windrock May 30 - June 6 and then we we be at Broadriver until the 10th.  It's good to know that the map is worth getting.  Sometimes you look at those things and they look like something my son drew when he was 3. 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com