Anyone want a Hunting Camp?

Started by Anoriginal, May 11, 2006, 03:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Gamer

Nice camp but expensive.  I've seen some camps advertised for around $250,000 in Big Cypress.  Whats yours worth Anoriginal.

Anoriginal

Quote from: Gamer on May 11, 2006, 06:48:42 PM
Nice camp but expensive.  I've seen some camps advertised for around $250,000 in Big Cypress.  Whats yours worth Anoriginal.

LOL, not $2.6 mil! I can guarantee that! It's worth quite a lot though considering there will never be any more private land you can purchase in a National Preserve. It's a neat thing.

gery350

dude if i was rich. i'd def. jump on it.
imagine you can get away from it all.
fly your friends in and have a massive party.
ya'll can get some hedonistic action going on there.
i wonder how the neighbors would be though.


note: betcha no one will hear the cats. ;)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

HondaBoys

I've stayed in that camp. It's owned by my ex-wife's cousin. There's a real toilet, shower (with hot water), A/C, about 10 single beds, deep freezer, stove, just about everything you can think of.
Mine '02 450S,Big Bore Kit, cammed, Locked, lifted, gorilla'd, 28/12.5/12 Laws, jetted, dual snorkeled, clutch kit, FMF pipe, 3000# Warn
Hers '04 450S, 26 Outlaws

foreman1

#6
Quote from: Anoriginal on May 11, 2006, 03:33:54 PM
Here you go.

I've been to this place and it is very nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-OF-A-KIND-EVERGLADES-HUNTING-CABIN-WITH-AIRSTRIP_W0QQitemZ4446583011QQcategoryZ1607QQcmdZViewItem

I found that last night doing a search on camps , couldnt believe the asking price of 2.6 mill, WOW! .


I think this one is the highest asking prices I've seen for a camp. I cant help but wonder what it will actually sell for.

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Bigscrb15

It will sell for 2.6million if not very close. That is 20+ acres in a National Preserve. Like anoriginal said that won't happen again you can't just go buy land there.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

DZ 350

thats one of the nicest huntin camps that i have seen
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

svtbolt04

So I guess you need an airplane to get to it.. Maybe thats why its so expensive. Plane included.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: svtbolt04 on May 12, 2006, 01:16:49 AM
So I guess you need an airplane to get to it.. Maybe thats why its so expensive. Plane included.

I don't think you have to have a plane, Im sure you can take a truck. I doubt the plane is included. That is a cheap plane anyway, Piper Cub, no more than 70k mint condition. Sure would be nice to have the money to buy that place. Then I would have money to buy a plane, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

svtbolt04

Got that right. I knew the plane wasnt THAT much. But, you figure the man flys in to camp.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Gamer

I'm surprised that the government does not try to buy any land that becomes for sale in Big Cypress.  If it was not for the private land owners in Big Cypress we would have been kicked out long ago.  Have you heard anything new or maybe rumors about what is to become of the addition lands Anoriginal?


Bigscrb15

Quote from: svtbolt04 on May 12, 2006, 02:06:10 AM
Got that right. I knew the plane wasnt THAT much. But, you figure the man flys in to camp.

its probably cheaper to fly than to pay for gas in any truck that would make it out there, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Anoriginal

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 12, 2006, 02:33:22 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on May 12, 2006, 02:06:10 AM
Got that right. I knew the plane wasnt THAT much. But, you figure the man flys in to camp.

its probably cheaper to fly than to pay for gas in any truck that would make it out there, lol.

No trucks allowed. Buggies only. Of course, nothing wrong with a "truck buggy".  However, there are several airstips in the Big Cypress that people fly into. Pretty neat way to travel into the glades. One camp near mine has an airstrip, but the owner flys his heliocopter in.

Chances are it will sell for quite a bit less. I've seen another nice camp sell for just under $500k about one year ago. No airstrip, etc. From what I understand, the Popenhager airstrip (the one in the E Bay ad) is an FAA licensed strip, just like Little Deer deveral miles north.

It's a dying thing. Not much private property left. The park service would like to buy up the private property but lack the funding to do so. That's why I constantly research camp owners and make inroads to buying as many camps as I can. I know of 2 other camps that could probably be bought and we're working on them now. If they don't get purchased and restored, the park service will take them.

Quote from: Gamer on May 12, 2006, 02:31:50 AM
I'm surprised that the government does not try to buy any land that becomes for sale in Big Cypress.  If it was not for the private land owners in Big Cypress we would have been kicked out long ago.  Have you heard anything new or maybe rumors about what is to become of the addition lands Anoriginal?



The addition land comment period is over and the park service is finalizing their decision on how to use the same. According to the proposed plans, it will likely be a designated rock trail area, no buggy/atv traffic to speak of and a walk in hunt area with designated camping areas, etc. Kind of bitter sweet to me. My family leased just about all of the addition lands at one time from Burdine's Ranch south to the Corndance unit. We had a camp on the North side of the alley for over 60 years. It will be neat to go back to the camp location once the addition lands open.

Quote from: HondaBoys on May 11, 2006, 09:23:04 PM
I've stayed in that camp. It's owned by my ex-wife's cousin. There's a real toilet, shower (with hot water), A/C, about 10 single beds, deep freezer, stove, just about everything you can think of.

My camp is similar. Hot water, stand up regular tiled shower, fridge, freezer, stove/oven, air conditioning, fireplace, microwave, television. Soon we'll add the Dish TV!!  The older I get, the better I like my comfort. Not only that, but when Chillinthemost goes with me, he's like an old woman and needs his hair dryer, his dehumidifier, foot bath, etc.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Anoriginal on May 12, 2006, 01:51:59 PM
............... Not only that, but when Chillinthemost goes with me, he's like an old woman and needs his hair dryer, his dehumidifier, foot bath, etc.

Hahaha, thats funny. You gotta love friends, they always got your back, well at least when they aren't making fun of you.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

ukfano3

I realize this thread is fairly old.  But I'm trying to look up some info on the Popenhager's camp.  My step-dad was a part owner of this camp in the 90's and I spent a good deal of my adolescent years there.  I guess I didn't know what we had!  The closest thing I can find to a picture of this camp online is here:

http://www.bigcypressswamp.com/stories/camp2.htm

The picture is definately the camp we had.  I stumbled across this thread (and another) with the camp for sale, but the links were dead.  I have no interest in buying the camp, but would love to see some pictures of what it looks like now.

Btw, when we purchased the property, we stayed at a nearby camp and basically built the camp that is there today (I'm assuming it's there today).  It is definately the nicest everglades camp you'll find.  Not sure about the 2.6 million price tag, but then again, I don't know what the value of the land itself is.  It's basically 3 buildings.  The main building is two rooms.  The front has a kitchen and dining area and is surrounded by windows.  The back room is the bunk room.  The second building was the bathroom/shower house.  There is a septank and the toilet flushes.  I can't recall completely, but I believe water was carried up to a tank above the building to provide "running water".  It was heated by the sun.  The third building was an open barn attached to a small shed.  As far as I can remember, this was the only building that we did not build.

I'd love to see what the camp looks like now.  If any of you see or know of links to this camp, I'd love for you to post them!  Thanks.

Anoriginal

It looks basically the same. I was by it about 3 weeks ago. Recently sold for over $1,000,000.00 to a woman from the east coast. Airstrip is in great shape as are the buildings. I have some pictures somewhere I am sure. Send me a PM with your email address and I will see what I can find to send to you.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.