Raptor 660 Valve Lash adjustment?

Started by Raptor660R, May 09, 2006, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptor660R

I believe my valves on my 02' raptor 660 need to be adjusted. Do i just use a feeler guage and put them to spec's like on a car or is there and special thing need to be done? I figured I would ask before i break something!
02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's

Yamaha72

Same principle's as a automobile's motor, using a feeler guage. Check for the clearances in the Yamaha Shop manual though. I just did mine, pretty easy but it has to be spot-on...
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Raptor660R

when you did your's was it pretty loose or tight and did you notice a difference in your bike afterwards?
02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's

Yamaha72

They were tight, and yes I did happen to notice a difference on mine when they were adjusted.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150