Bought the TRX450R

Started by 2k5gixxer1k, January 10, 2005, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2k5gixxer1k

OK wich bike does everyone think will be better for Ocala National forest riding..  i was leaning toward the honda  but the 450r has KICK  .. Is there anywhere i can find the HP specs on all of em ??  I guess reverse isnt that important.. OK IM really undecided.. too many of em..
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

T2

Do you want to manually shift gears or do you want an automatic. They are both good bikes and very reliable, I think the KFX is a little bigger than the Raptor so you need to sit on both bikes and see what feels more comfortable to you.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Chuck_Norris

Raptors were have one way problems,  KFX is a big machine but they will move.

2k5gixxer1k

Doesnt really matter to me if i shift or not.. Do enough on my Gixxer.. Just want something pretty fast that handles the sand decent. and has reverse ...
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

Smoknbanshee

I don't like either really.  I would suggest the yam 450, and you probably won't use reverse that often, cause it will spin around on a dime.  my personal suggestions.  
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

2k5gixxer1k

2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

2k5gixxer1k

2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

dvx400#1

if u like riding in ocala the trx is for you . the yfz is race ready for racing. the bombordier is really wide but a fast bike and good suspention. the raptor good all around bike. the predator i don't know too much about it but i think is a race bike. the trx is set up for the woods wich is what you said what kind of riding you like to do. and it's a honda wich are very reliable and hold their value.

PredaGator

I am partial to the '05 Predator,with reverse. I have had mine since October and it has fared very well in any situation I have put it in(Pumpkin Run,Big Scrub,dirt roads,tight trails,etc)
It has good top end but it is very quick and nimble on the trails and the handling is very predictable. Reverse is a nice feature. When you don't have it,it's no big deal but once you get used to it you wonder what you ever did without. It has saved me more than once on tight trails and in mud from having to get off,pick up the bike and turn it around.
Good luck with your decision.
2005 Polaris Predator

2k5gixxer1k

OK narrowing it down some more .. Im between the Raptor, YZF450 and Predator..Thnx for the help
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Chuck_Norris

QuoteYFZ 450................

second that !!

B-man

seeing as how Yammy frames are weak... j/k...lol, I would go with a Honda.
YZ 490  "Yellow Jacket"

ripraff


big-daddy

had a Raptor, heavy Quad. the YFZ450 is my choice. very quick,the best in turning and spins tire at will. In ocala great Quad to ride. I spend a lot of money on my Raptor and the YFZ450 with very little work done to it. Out turn me and was almost as fast. and after driving his YFZ450 I can till its lighter and quicker out of the turns. and for reverse, only crabs walk backward.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

2k5gixxer1k

Yeah im pretty much narrowing it down to the Predator and the YFZ450.. I like the extras on the Predator ..
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

tampaboy813

QuoteYeah im pretty much narrowing it down to the Predator and the YFZ450.. I like the extras on the Predator ..
KFX700 all the way for ocala

2k5gixxer1k

think ive decided on the troy lee predator..
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

LE450-RACER#77

Just to let you know I bought a predator rode it for about a month & took it back & traded it for the YAMAHA YFZ450. The 450 is way faster, lighter, & very fun to ride.


If your looking for good dependability then go with the new 400EX because it runs well ,has reverse ,& is a very long lasting bike no matter how bad you abuse it.


THE 450 IS THE BEST CHOICE THOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

eric

I have ridden a YFZ stock several times. A stock Predator I rode only once for 10 minutes at Ocala. The YFZ does have more punch but the handles bars sit really low so I felt hunched over when I sat up to ride over whoops and things. I felt the Predator was more comfortable and easier to wheelie because the powerband felt more controllable and constant. To me the YFZ felt too punchy and the stiff thumb throttle wears on you quickly. Both bikes are good though. The YFZ did feel very light and is crazy on power at high rpm. The Pred has 50 extra cc packed in and a lower price tag to. That's my pro's and con's ;)

2k5gixxer1k

i got a good deal on the pred about $500 off msrp .. yamaha didnt want to budge...
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

J.D.

I had a Pred . Got a YFZ and give the pred to my boy . The pred is a great quad , I put on a aftermarket rev box , it made the engine run alot better " sounds better than the yfz " I dont agree with alot of the bad stuff some say about the pred. 3 years no problems .  My boy has a hard time finding people to keep up with him in the heavy whoops , it handles them great .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

T2

Just go with your orignal plan and get the Raptor ;)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

tampaboy813

Quotei got a good deal on the pred about $500 off msrp .. yamaha didnt want to budge...
theres a reason why they will sell so cheap..."wink wink" you will be sorry in the long run

2k5gixxer1k

Yeah im figuring that after talking to a buddy up north.. Looks like im between the Yam and Hond .. $6600  for trx and the YFZ $7000.. THink the Yam is worth the extra bucks..
2002 GSXR 1000 red/black
Micron carbon high mount pipe
Yosimura Computer
BMC race filter
Vortex sprockets +2 / EK 520 chain
TRE
Tinted DB screen
Diamond LED undertail

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com