speed test with stock gearing

Started by dreth, January 19, 2005, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

my honda 450r with stock sprockets, hrc cam , no lid , sparks filter and pipe, 190 main jet , 22" fronts and 20" rears  equaled the following speeds on a gps

1st gear = 37mph
2nd gear = 48mph
3rd gear = 58mph
4th gear = 69mph
5th gear = 73mph with plenty to go but it was dark , i ran out of room, and i had to hold and read the gps with one hand and drive with the other. i will get a top speed in the daylight and post it.
all speeds except 5th gear were rev limiter speeds and i rounded the decimal part down.
the purpose of this is so i know about how fast we ride the trails.

RL400

 :o :o :o
nice, im suprised that 1st gear got you 37 mph
and 5th 73

nice.

RIDE RED.

LakeMaryKid

nice, now dont bash me for saying this but the 450r beat the yfz in a top speed thing for some company. The TRX hit like 87 with 22 inch tires and the mods dreth has  :o
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

big-daddy

#3
dreth get a new GPS first to second doesnt sound right or buy a Yamaha one or the other
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

TRX450R_Racer

With stock gearing and a full HMF system. I got 78.5 MPH with a GPS on a smooth dirt road. It felt like I had a little left, but it was getting a little out of control so I let off.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Chuck_Norris


dreth

#6
Quotedreth get a new GPS first to second doesnt sound right or buy a Yamaha one or the other

that was a typo, 2nd was 48mph. its geared high and thats why everybody that buys one complains about all the clutch work at slow speeds.

Ida_Mann

I hit 67 with my stock gearing and it wouldn't go anymore,,,but of course I weigh in about 100# more than the average rider, AND had a 5gal gas can on the front rack.

yes, I installed a rack on my 400ex, sue me ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LakeMaryKid

Yeah chuck, thats what im talkin about!  ;D
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com