Reality sunk in

Started by CABLEGUY1, January 24, 2005, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABLEGUY1

Yeah I thought my stock DS 650 was the fastest quad on the planet. Then reality hit me in the face. I was minding my own buisness racing my brother on his friends Z 400  over and over again feeling pretty good when all of a sudden I noticed that there was 1 then 2 then 3 other quads that joined in.I think they were the new honda 450s. I couldn't tell as they were blowing by me.lol. I was riding the DS 650 that would hit 4th gear and bog out and have to sit in the center of the pit and choke it to get it started again. I think the carb kept loading up. I did this several times thinking that it would miracuosly fix itself. Im not making excuses those were definately fast bikes.Faster than mine for sure.I think one of them was the infamous Chuck Norris. I may be wrong. If you were one of those bikes PLEASE tell me they had more done to them than just a pipe and paddles. They definately got my respect. I think I'll be visiting mike as soon as I can hide some mad money from the wife. I was humbled to say the least. Thanks again for the dose of reality.

big-daddy

Chuck rides a Yamaha 450  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

tampaboy813

Dude I feel your pain...I had my Raptor and it was hooked up to the Max other then motor work I had it all....then I raced a stock YFZ450...that was the day the world stoped....then I sold it and then got the YFZ450 my self....heres a pic of my raptor

Chuck_Norris

#3
QuoteIf you were one of those bikes PLEASE tell me they had more done to them than just a pipe and paddles. They definately got my respect. I think I'll be visiting mike as soon as I can hide some mad money from the wife. I was humbled to say the least. Thanks again for the dose of reality.
as long as you keep all 4 wheels on the ground instead of trying to take off and fly you'll be in great shape. I thought I was fast, then I line up against chillinthemost. come to think of it I think Hi-jacked got the race your talking about on my video camera, Ill look again to make sure. here is a pic of mine.

Smoknbanshee

yeah, if you think your 450 or 450r is bad, bring it out to saltsdale, cause chillin loves a good race.  seriously, i have not seen a 4 stroke hang with it yet.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com