kx250 trails bike??

Started by Josh Boyd, April 17, 2006, 06:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Boyd

Does anyone know about turning a kx250 race bike, into a trails bike?  I've heard about this but i dont know what it involves doing to the engine, or what the outcome is.  Just curious

Toomey

What I've read is maybe redoing the suspension, putting some hand guards on, some mods to make the power come on better in the low RPM's, maybe on of those bigger gas tanks for more miles.  I ride my bike fine in the woods the way it is.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Mars

Depending on the year, there are several thing to make more "trail friendly".
Flywheel weight, lighting stator, pipe. Just adjusting your forks and shocks make a big differance.
I would start with the flywheel.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.