Oil in airbox, Why????????????????

Started by Raptor660R, April 11, 2006, 01:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptor660R

After i have been riding lately i have been getinbg quite a bit of oil in my air box on my 02' Raptor 660. I am not sure how it is doing that, anyone run into this problem before?
02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

#1
i have the same problem with my 06 yfz! people told me that it was the piston rings are bad! thats all i know!  ???
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

apkkfx400

I know this may sound ridiculous, but could it be too much oil in the air filter?


TRX450R_Racer

It's either too much oil on the air filter or your rings are bad. If your getting that much in there I would say it's time for a rebuild.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

gery350

dont know much about bikes(still havent fixed my sons bike >:() but i know that in cars if you get oil in your air filter usually your crankase ventilation system is clogged. may want to check it, much better alternative to rings.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

RaptItUp

Wouldn't bad rings give you white smoke out of the exhaust and oil consumption by burning.  Check the plug.

I would think that oil would be either from the top end or maybe the breather tube that comes from the crankcase and goes to the airbox lid.  Make sure you are not overfilling the oil.  Because it is a drysump system,  the procedure to check the oil is a little different than an engine that keeps all the oil in the crankcase. Check the owners manual.   

Raptor660R

Its not too much oil on the filter because it's enough oil to fill up the little drain tube and have all the walls in the air box wet. I did notice my oil level was a bit high and i am hoping that was the problem, also if it was the piston rings it would smoke and it dosent smoke at all. Also I accidently mixxed a quart of synthetic oil in there, thats when it started happening, and my clutch has sliped about 5 times since, so I drained the oil, and replaced it, so i will post if it keeps doing it. Thanks for the info.
02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's


Alba450

I read something similar about oil in the Air Box. 

Your probably having too much oil in the engine.  And when you hit the Rev Limiter oil spits out in the Air Box.

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

Alba450

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on April 11, 2006, 01:21:50 PM
i have the same problem with my 06 yfz! people told me that it was the piston rings are bad! thats all i know!  ???

Hey Eric you might have a little too much oil and the black box near the coolant over flow bottle spits oil when you hit the REV limiter.  That's what I think is happening. 
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

53yfz450

all i know is since ive done the mod with the hose it stopped doing it. eric you might need to trey that. just go to the local boat marine place and get the stuff. i think thats were my dad got it.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.