A Trip to ONF = An OMG WTF Reflection and Rant

Started by SkyHighT100, March 06, 2006, 12:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHighT100


Ok, we all know how dumb so many riders seem to be... will there ever be an end to it? I am not sure if I noticed this because it has been so long since I've been to ONF or if it was just because there was more stupidity in one area then I have seen in a long time, lol. We went out to the Big Scrub area Sunday. I want to say 80% of the people we saw riding were riding without helments (60% of those were on 4x4s, who thought they were on sport quads.... 20% on dirtbikes... and 20% on sport quads). Kids looking like they were under 15 were shootin around on bikes way too big for them to even think about controlling, most of which had more then one person with them. A good thing was that parents seemed to have the youngest kids wearing helmets, but so many of them were wearing bicycle helmets (maybe because they dont make MX helmets small enough, not sure). And even though the kids had helmets on, I noticed that the parents did not. Shouldnt parents lead by example and not be hypocrits?? The majority of the people riding around were riding like they were the only ones there... hauling azz out of trails, through the powerlines, and doing donuts around all the vehicles. I was actually somewhat scared to even ride around. It was almost like being in the city during rush hour... you're confident in your own driving, but terrified of everyone around you, lmao.

Do people even realize what the consequences of thier actions are?? Even if no one was to ever get hurt, rangers, government officials, and passerbys would see the irresponsibilty of the majority of the off-road community. With everything going on lately when it comes to land closures you would think that people would start to realize that thier selfishness, arrogance, stupidity, ignorance, and lack of responsiblity are doing so much harm to a sport they obviously love. Why is it so fn hard for people to open thier eyes for 2 seconds, look around them, and realize that they are causing so much damage... that will soon be irreversable.. if it isnt already.

Sorry, had to vent.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Ida_Mann

last time I went to the Big Scrub area,,,I noticed about the same thing,,,,,and it IS getting worse rapidly for some reason I cannot figure out yet,,,,maybe lots of idiots got quads and dirt bikes for Christmas and are now finally using them,,,dunno.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Old_School

Lack of places to ride and all the idiots come out of the woodwork. That's how croom is now. I now ride slow at Croom and only go there for tuning purposes. When I go to ONF I make sure I'm a good distance from Big Scrub then I kick it into warp speed.  8)  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

wilburz

Lots of other places to ride than Big Scrub. Don't think I would ever go back there either. Too many people let alone the tards driving like they is high on PCP!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

ZRIDER

#4
We were camping at Scrub this weekend, and noticed a lot of the same.  The weather was perfect so that shouldn't have been the excuse for not wearing helmets.  I saw a kid probably about 8 or 9 riding a Brute Force by himself down the powerlines and another one about the same age on a new Outlander 800.  These machines are too much for some adults and I can't believe people let kids that weigh less than 100 pounds ride them!  :dunno.gif

VForcedave

Its like a watering hole in the dessert, the less space, the more they congragate. Usually the good ones bail out leaving the jerks to complete the closing of the riding areas. 
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

NPRVinson

It's not hard to figue out why law enforcement don't like atvs, just go to scrub.

needforspeed

I heard a rumor that Big Scrub is going to close.

MachineDog

Quote from: ZRIDER on March 06, 2006, 01:44:45 PM
We were camping at Scrub this weekend, and noticed a lot of the same.  The weather was perfect so that shouldn't have been the excuse for not wearing helmets.  I saw a kid probably about 8 or 9 riding a Brute Force by himself down the powerlines and another one about the same age on a new Outlander 800.  These machines are too much for some adults and I can't believe people let kids that weigh less than 100 pounds ride them!  :dunno.gif

I agree, can't stand it sometimes the way my brother drives and then my dad lets him on the AC500 TBX. I can't even steer the thing and it's heavier than an Outlander or Brute Force at around 800lbs dry weight. But, we all wear helmets atleast. Well, unless we're doing yardwork or something..
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

americanhighlander

Somebody should report them to local rangers and catch them in act and hiding in woods.  :)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com