Air filter search help

Started by Teej, February 24, 2006, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teej

Yesterday while at work, I was searching for performance upgrades. I came across a mini quad performance site. In their performance parts section, they had listed a product to increase air into the air box.

The photo were of two round black circle filter inserts. It looked like you cut two circular wholes into the air box and insert these round filter inserts to increase the amount of air getting into the air box.

Now at home, I cannot find the site  because I looked at so many sites, I cannot remember which one it was on.

Do any of you know where I can get this item from?

Thank you, Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

Teej

I found them. They are called "Uni pop in Air Vents".

Anyone heard of them or had any luck with them?


Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

TRX450R_Racer

I used them on my friends sons Breeze. We put 6 in the air box lid, removed the baffle and rejetted it. It ran very well. You need a 1" hole saw.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Teej

Where did you get yours from?

Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

TRX450R_Racer

Any mail order catalog has the Rocky Mountain, Dennis Kirk, Even the Yamha dealer by me usually has them.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Chillinthemost

Take the stock box off completely and replace with a clamp on Uni with an outerwears. This will flow and seal up much better than the stock setup. Go to Hetrick racing they have them. You will also need to jet WAY up. Tell them what you have and order some jets when you order the filter.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

backinsaddle

Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 24, 2006, 09:39:22 PM
Take the stock box off completely and replace with a clamp on Uni with an outerwears. This will flow and seal up much better than the stock setup. Go to Hetrick racing they have them. You will also need to jet WAY up. Tell them what you have and order some jets when you order the filter.

Once you start increasing horsepower, I think you may have to start looking at changing clutch parts...springs, rollers, etc.  May not have to with just a new higher flowing filter...don't know???

There are several mini quad builders around.  Several have been mentioned on the site in other posts.  I have a list of at least 6 or 7 different builders that seem to be top-notch.  Hetrick, WRH are at the top of the list, but there's a few others that are right up there.  Let me know and I'll dig through my stuff and get you a list of names.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

We do performance up grades for minis, but he has a kazuma and I cked with my vendors and no luck. The clamp on will be the best way but no deep water. As for clutching his bike is a shifter bike if Im not mistaken.

Ive been a site member for years and many know me so if you guys need help on mini quad parts look me up. Our site link is in my signature and will be posting  more stuff soon. be glad to help. Thanks
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Chillinthemost

Oh, if its a four stroke shifter then I dont know what your stock filter setup looks like. If you add vents though you WILL have to increase the jetting. You probably should leave it alone. Probably wouldn't make a noticable difference.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12