goggle advice

Started by Teej, February 18, 2006, 08:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teej

I am sure there are many personal opinions out there. Please share some advice with me.

What can I teach my kids to do or use to keep their goggles from fogging?

Fogging is a big issue with my daughter as she has to wear glasses under her goggles.

thank you,
Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

Da_Mtg_Man

I always just vent mine a little when they start to fog. You could get that stuff used for diving masks and see if that works.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

susieblazer

Cycle Gear has anti fog spray.....................works great
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Chevy1500z71

my oaklys have a bit a vent system so they dont realy fog to much

but go to a dive store and they sell an anti fog solution

Mudneck

#4
 I take the lens out and  use toothpaste rub it all over inside lense to take the film off.rinse well .It usually doesnt fog after that.Or you can purchase anti fog @ dive shop.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Honda328i

Someone once told me to spray Pledge on the lens, but I have not yet tried it.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Teej

Think this will make a difference? while looking at her goggles today, I noticed that she never removed the protective film from the inside of the lense. lol I removed it and will see tomorrow if it makes a difference when she rides.  Thanks, Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

garym

I am a diver in the summer.  Save the money on anti fog stuff. Go to walmart and get a tiny bottle of baby shampoo.  Take the lens out of the goggles and wash it under water until your finger SQUEAKS on the lens. Blot dry with a paper towel (not a bath towel!!) and you should be good to go.  The previous ideas of checking for adequate ventilation also works.  Make sure the goggles are not too tight against her head.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com