Mini Quad Sprocket combination???

Started by greenmachine, February 11, 2006, 09:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

My son rides an '01 DRR 50. It has stock sprockets 19 front, 35 rear. He needs a little more top end. With the rev limiter out of the machine, it gets from zero to wide open pretty quick, but the rpms are climbing & the speed kind of tops off somewhere around 20mph. I dont want him to lose all the bottom end, but a bit more top end will allow me some more time before I have to do engine mods. Thanks for any info.

TRX450R_Racer

If you go up 1 tooth in the front it is like going down 3 teeth in the rear. You can try a larger front sprocket but that might be too drastic of a change. Also it is probably cheaper to change the front. If not try going down in the rear, either 1 or 2 teeth.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

greenmachine

That helps some, thanks. I forgot to mention it has 16/65.0-8 shredders on it.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

#3
We reccomend 18-25 for mx and 18-22 for flat track.If you stick with the 19 frt and go with a 25 rear will do the best but remember your bottom end will suffer some untill you do some clutch mods with a pipe. Have fun
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Chuck_Norris

I had Rebel Gear make my a 28 tooth for my Arctic Cat 90. I can get upwards of 44mph from it.

greenmachine

Thanks for the info. I bought a 32 & some different jets & am waiting on a UNI filter. I thought to go to a 28, but dont want to lose low end for trails & hills at croom. CHUCK NORRIS, my son has a green DRR, same as an A.C. but it is a 50, has the same frame & fenders as yours does now. I havent piped or clutched yet. I am hoping the filter, jets & 32 spr. will get me some mph & retain low end also. I will let you all know when we get it done. Chuck, do you have a local florida shop to get mod parts for yours?

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

#6
Look at my signature for my link. We can get any thing you need. I have a carb already set up with a uni on it if interested. We did most the mods on chucks mean green machine bike runs strong. Let us know if we can help.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.