I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE

Started by stump66, February 07, 2006, 08:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WPBSMOKA

Yes, I would love to meet and ride with anyone on here.  And as far as the indians,  not to keep this going, but you said this country was founded on religion, and if my memory serves me correctly, not stealing is one of the ten commandments.  Taking a 3 week trip.  Will want to do some kind of event or anything when I get back.  I was thrilled to find this forum.  And I appreciate everyone trying to make me feel welcome by offering oppurtunities to ride. 
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



bluesman

psssst   this land for some beads!!!!! thats not stealing
its a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol   let me know when   ride on

VForcedave

These type of posts always get it going. I think people are sometimes afraid of what they do not understand or can not hold. Its Ok because its all in Gods plan. In God I do trust and believe. He is patient with me.   
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

o4250

Quote from: AlterEgo on February 08, 2006, 10:04:17 AM


Oh, and that little dancing thingy on o4250's post is freaking awesome!



8)

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: VForcedave on February 08, 2006, 02:28:56 PM
These type of posts always get it going. I think people are sometimes afraid of what they do not understand or can not hold. Its Ok because its all in Gods plan. In God I do trust and believe. He is patient with me.   

Well said Dave

Quote from: bluesman on February 08, 2006, 02:17:21 PM
psssst   this land for some beads!!!!! thats not stealing
its a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol   let me know when   ride on

I dont care who you are that is funny

VForcedave

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on February 08, 2006, 03:06:49 PM
Quote from: VForcedave on February 08, 2006, 02:28:56 PM
These type of posts always get it going. I think people are sometimes afraid of what they do not understand or can not hold. Its Ok because its all in Gods plan. In God I do trust and believe. He is patient with me.   
Well said Dave

CHUCK: Just think what God is thinking as this discussion continues. The bantering, discussion, questioning is it real or not. Its all part of the plan. Its working right here, right now. Its a beautiful thing. Lets Roll
Quote from: bluesman on February 08, 2006, 02:17:21 PM
psssst   this land for some beads!!!!! thats not stealing
its a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol   let me know when   ride on

I dont care who you are that is funny
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

americanhighlander

I think under god should stay in the old terms
after 1947 they did put word under god.Well alot people
will be piss off at captail hill and mr bush for screw to many things
up.I know their is alot of saying about that..

I think we should keep under god i was tought that since day
I was in first day school in PR on navy base.So i'm southern and full
blooded american I'm proud as it.

>:(  >:( So those morons need get a life up there in washtoning dc
and if don't like words under god you should live our country
and never come back...

Thanks,
amhighlander 8)
PS:I know  freedom should be free in this world and treat people kind...

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

o4250

Quote from: americanhighlander on February 08, 2006, 05:34:44 PM
I think under god should stay in the old terms
after 1947 they did put word under god.Well alot people
will be piss off at captail hill and mr bush for screw to many things
up.I know their is alot of saying about that..

I think we should keep under god i was tought that since day
I was in first day school in PR on navy base.So i'm southern and full
blooded american I'm proud as it.

>:(  >:( So those morons need get a life up there in washtoning dc
and if don't like words under god you should live our country
and never come back...

Thanks,
amhighlander 8)
PS:I know  freedom should be free in this world and treat people kind...




Yep.

WPBSMOKA

Quote from: bluesman on February 08, 2006, 02:17:21 PM
psssst   this land for some beads!!!!! thats not stealing
its a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol   let me know when   ride on
Yea that is funny. I guess movies I have seen influenced what I said there. 
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



dreth

once again this post is not just about religion! it is about respect!! as for those that are so quick to point out all the rules made by man and by our LORD and SAVIOUR should atleast agree that the PLEDGE and IN GOD WE TRUST  was set forth by those rule makers that are of this earth!

I am with ChuckNorris on this subject, it is your right to believe what you wish. I wont hold that against you or look down on you for that. Im not perfect so I dont judge, but I still say that if you dont have the RESPECT to say the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE then America is not your home.

Asphaltdragon

#35
Quote from: WPBSMOKA on February 08, 2006, 11:09:50 AM
1. Bible talks about death being more important than  birth.  Do you honor Jesus memorial? Not Easter, (check spelling) but Niassun 14th.

:bow.gif :bow.gif

Who else on this thread knows the significance of Nisan 14th besides WPBMOKA and I?

For the record I celebrate Nisan 14th 8)
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: dreth on February 08, 2006, 06:26:21 AM
I PLEDGE AS WELL!


If this was my web site i would Ban anyone that did not want to uphold what this country was founded on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AND YES I SAID IT

AND I SUPPORT IT!!!

kfx400rob

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on February 08, 2006, 07:38:22 PM
Quote from: dreth on February 08, 2006, 06:26:21 AM
I PLEDGE AS WELL!


If this was my web site i would Ban anyone that did not want to uphold what this country was founded on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AND YES I SAID IT

AND I SUPPORT IT!!!

right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Chuck_Norris

#38
Quote from: dreth on February 08, 2006, 06:52:41 PM
once again this post is not just about religion! it is about respect!! as for those I still say that if you dont have the RESPECT to say the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE then America is not your home.



IT IS JUST THAT SIMPLE!



Quote from: Asphaltdragon on February 08, 2006, 07:17:59 PM
Who else on this thread knows the significance of Nisan 14th besides WPBMOKA and I?
For the record I celebrate Nisan 14th 8)



FAITH!

Jesus was crucified on Wednesday, Passover Day, Nisan 14th.

He was entombed Wednesday evening. He was in the heart of the earth...

Wednesday night (Night 1)
Thursday (Day 1- a special Sabbath)
Thursday night (Night 2)
Friday (Day 2)
Friday night (Night 3)
Saturday (Day 3 - the weekly Sabbath).
The Lord Jesus Christ was resurrected at twilight on Saturday...
at the instant Saturday died,
and the instant Sunday was born.

FishaHallic

Just to let you know this country was not founded on religion.  It was founded on freedom of religion.   To worship (or not) any god you choose. 

Our troops are fighting in the Middle East right now to protect our right to worship any god we choose.  Who are they fighting? They are fighting those that think we should only worship ONE god, Allah.   That's why we have a Democratic  form of government.   Those of you that think that your god is the only god have alot in common with the Islamic radicals in the middle east.

With that said, I don't care about "In God we Trust" on our money or The Pledge of Allegiance being left just like they are just keep prayer out of school,  oops thats another thread. :)

dreth

#40
Lets look carefully at the below statement

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!


Now let me show you ................I DONT CARE.............people something!

#1. its pledging ALLEGIANCE to the FLAG
#2. OF the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
#3. one NATION under GOD..........it does not say many nations under ONE GOD!!

Now with that typed I can not understand why you...........I DONT CARE.........people dont have enough respect to want to say the PLEDGE!

Lets look at the "IN GOD WE TRUST" on our money

#1. it says IN GOD WE TRUST not IN ONE GOD WE TRUST!

So you trust in your GOD and I trust in my GOD and that equals
IN GOD WE TRUST

Southern4x4

I pledge of allegiance to the flag of the untied states of america and to the republic for which it stands one nation UNDER GODindivisble with liberty and justice for all! in GOD we trust! you klnow how would they like it if we went into their countires and changed their pleges?
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

wheelie_boy

The pledge shouldn't be about religion and people shouldnt not say it because of religion.  Just say it for your country, w/e the words are.
05 kx 250f

FishaHallic

You ever hear about SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?   ::) ::)

Honda328i

Quote from: FishaHallic on February 09, 2006, 08:04:49 AM
You ever hear about SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?   ::) ::)

The phrase "separation of church and state" never appears in the US Constitution or in any of the ammendments.

The first Ammendment allows people in this country "Freedom of religion" not "Freedom FROM religion" as many have come to think it shold mean today.

I don't think that hearing the word "God" in any phrase or on money is any big deal.  If someone does not like a word, don't say it.  I don't like the word f&%k, so I don't use it, but I don't tell everyone they can't use it or write it, and no one seems to think that is any big deal.  Just my .02  peace  ;)
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

BCConviber

 At my age I have developed my own sense of what God and The Pledge means to me. I don't go to church (for my own reasons) but, I will stand and say the pledge at any time. I love this country, and love what it stands for. Period. If you don't like it, get the hell out.
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

kawGIRL

I Pledge Allegiance to The Flag, of The United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it Stands, One Nation Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice For All!
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Loven It

After reading dreths other thread started "Gain Respect or Lose Friends" (it was inspirational  ;) ): He is right a lot of people have read this and are choosing to stay out of it. I was one of them for the reason that these  matters can sometimes get sticky, as we do not all agree espically on religion.  When I looked and saw 414 people have read it and only 45 responded on either side of it. I decided to stand up for what I beleive in no matter who does not agree with me. 


I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

I say The Pledge of Allegiance and  "Our Father" every morning with my son at school and YES I AM PROUD OF IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO SAY THE PLEDGE NO MATTER HOW PEOPLE FEEL


 
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

yunt2ride

Quote from: BCConviber on February 09, 2006, 09:38:10 AM
At my age I have developed my own sense of what God and The Pledge means to me. I don't go to church (for my own reasons) but, I will stand and say the pledge at any time. I love this country, and love what it stands for. Period. If you don't like it, get the hell out.

Good point. The thing is that even the people that does not want GOD in the pledge or on their money, ends up worshipping THEIR own GOD.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

WPBSMOKA

Quote from: Southern4x4 on February 09, 2006, 07:50:26 AM
I pledge of allegiance to the flag of the untied states of america and to the republic for which it stands one nation UNDER GODindivisble with liberty and justice for all! in GOD we trust! you klnow how would they like it if we went into their countires and changed their pleges?
It's not people from other countries that want it changed!!!! It's your neighbors your fellow Americans!
Quote from: Honda328i on February 09, 2006, 08:32:23 AM
Quote from: FishaHallic on February 09, 2006, 08:04:49 AM
You ever hear about SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?   ::) ::)

The phrase "separation of church and state" never appears in the US Constitution or in any of the ammendments.

The first Ammendment allows people in this country "Freedom of religion" not "Freedom FROM religion" as many have come to think it shold mean today.

I don't think that hearing the word "God" in any phrase or on money is any big deal.  If someone does not like a word, don't say it.  I don't like the word f&%k, so I don't use it, but I don't tell everyone they can't use it or write it, and no one seems to think that is any big deal.  Just my .02  peace  ;)
This isn't about people using the word God! Noone is saying you can't use the word. They are saying they do not want to be obligated to show that they believe in a higher power!!!Noone is saying America sucks by feeling that way.  They may love their country and everybody in it, but not believe in a higher power.  Why should the country as a whole be obligated to say they believe in a God, or the God or anything for that matter.  Get God tattoed on your forehead for all I care.  But don't put a sign on me that says I worship a higher being.  Once again, I don't care if it changes or not. But these people that want it off have a valid point!
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com