Getting baptised

Started by o4250, January 30, 2006, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o4250

I'm getting baptised for the first time on sunday, Pretty nervous :(. Figured I share. ;D

LostCause

That's not something to be   :( about. 

Congrats on your decision.

I don't know what religion you are but as far as I am concerned when you accept CHRIST  and do what he ask that is all that matters.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

o4250

Quote from: LostCause on January 30, 2006, 08:59:11 PM
That's not something to be   :( about. 

Congrats on your decision.

I don't know what religion you are but as far as I am concerned when you accept CHRIST  and do what he ask that is all that matters.


Cathiloc. I'm also going to get my first communion, and get confirmed on Feb. 9th. Two big weekends in a row for me. I've been taking classes every sunday since November, and had to go on a retreat saturday. I know its late, but beter late than never right? ;)

Numkut

Quote from: o4250 on January 30, 2006, 08:32:32 PM
I'm getting baptised for the first time on sunday, Pretty nervous :(. Figured I share. ;D

For the first time??? We beleive you should only be baptised once but w/e. I think being baptised is definately the most important decision you can make. I hope you stay true to god! You should check out quadsforchrist.net unless you allready have. CONGRATS.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

o4250

Quote from: Numkut on January 30, 2006, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: o4250 on January 30, 2006, 08:32:32 PM
I'm getting baptised for the first time on sunday, Pretty nervous :(. Figured I share. ;D

We beleive you should only be baptised once but w/e.


This is my first time ever being baptised. Thanks for the site, I think im a member there. Not sure though. :-X

PaulyV500

That is great news. God Bless you!!!!!!!
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

RL400

Quote from: o4250 on January 30, 2006, 08:32:32 PM
I'm getting baptised for the first time on sunday
...
Quote from: Numkut on January 30, 2006, 09:15:43 PM
We beleive you should only be baptised once
???

Anyways sounds good, break a leg.

mikeE36

Why? I mean u lived in sin for all these years. ;)

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Chuck_Norris

#9
 :Clap.gif :ThumbsUp.gif  I salute you!! Here is the link http://www.quadsforchrist.net/index.phpyou will find a lot of great informative and supportive information there,

In Christian baptism, there should be two requirements before a person is baptized:
(1) the person being baptized must have trusted in Jesus Christ as Savior, and
(2) the person must understand what baptism signifies.  If a person knows the Lord Jesus as Savior, understands that Christian baptism is a step of obedience in publicly proclaiming his faith in Christ, and desires to be baptized – then there is no reason to prevent the believer from being baptized. According to the Bible, Christian baptism is simply a step of obedience, a public proclamation of one's faith in Christ alone for salvation. Christian baptism is important because it is a step of obedience – publicly declaring faith in Christ and commitment to Him, and identification with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

Congrats on you decision

dreth


Moose

Quote from: dreth on January 31, 2006, 07:28:52 AM
you tellem Chuck ;)


I agree, Very well put.   

Congrats on your decision. In these times, it's not an easy one to make. Your parents should be proud.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

VForcedave

One more for the true brothers of Christ. Its part of the Christian walk. Everyone and anyone can do it. Does your seed fall in the furtile soil or does it fall on the hard ground or in the thorns? Congrats
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

05greengriz

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: VForcedave on January 31, 2006, 02:39:26 PM
One more for the true brothers of Christ. Its part of the Christian walk. Everyone and anyone can do it. Does your seed fall in the furtile soil or does it fall on the hard ground or in the thorns? Congrats

well said

o4250


SWAMP_DONKEY

AWESOME NEWS :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Hug.gif The best thing you can do in your life is live it for Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Though Him all things are possible.

      Always believe in yourself!!!

Honda328i

That's a very important thing to decide to do.  You should be proud to share  this moment in your life with your friends and family as you already have.  More than that, always remember what baptism symbolizes for a Christian:  Being buried with Christ and dead to sin, then rising again with Christ, washed clean and set free.

These song lyrics from Kyle Matthews say it all:

Been Through The Water

Preacher pulled the boy up from the water
Alleluias rose from the banks
There was a new suit of clothes from his Father
And a prayer of thanks

The boy walked barefooted all the way home for dinner
And when they laughed at his muddy feet...

He said I've been through the water and I've come out clean
Got new clothes to cover me
And you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet
When you've been through the water
Ah been through the water

Preacher turned them around at the altar
Pronounced the boy and his girl "man and wife"
In two years they were Mother and Father
And they built them a life
And his old girlfriend saw a moment of weakness
And she said "If you're lonely come see me sometime..."

He said I've been through the water and I've come out clean
Got new clothes to cover me
And you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet
When you've been through the water
Ah been through the water

He baits a hook with his grandson of seven
And says "Soon, I'll be free from these pains."
The boy asked if he's ever been to heaven
He says "No... but I think I know the way... 'cause I've been through the water..."

I've been through the water and I've come out clean
Got new clothes to cover me
And you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet
When you've been through the water
Ah been through the water
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Honda328i on January 31, 2006, 09:13:36 PM
That's a very important thing to decide to do.  You should be proud to share  this moment in your life with your friends and family as you already have.  More than that, always remember what baptism symbolizes for a Christian:  Being buried with Christ and dead to sin, then rising again with Christ, washed clean and set free.

These song lyrics from Kyle Matthews say it all:

Been Through The Water

Preacher pulled the boy up from the water
Alleluias rose from the banks
There was a new suit of clothes from his Father
And a prayer of thanks

The boy walked barefooted all the way home for dinner
And when they laughed at his muddy feet...

He said I've been through the water and I've come out clean
Got new clothes to cover me
And you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet
When you've been through the water
Ah been through the water

Preacher turned them around at the altar
Pronounced the boy and his girl "man and wife"
In two years they were Mother and Father
And they built them a life
And his old girlfriend saw a moment of weakness
And she said "If you're lonely come see me sometime..."

He said I've been through the water and I've come out clean
Got new clothes to cover me
And you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet
When you've been through the water
Ah been through the water

He baits a hook with his grandson of seven
And says "Soon, I'll be free from these pains."
The boy asked if he's ever been to heaven
He says "No... but I think I know the way... 'cause I've been through the water..."

I've been through the water and I've come out clean
Got new clothes to cover me
And you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet
When you've been through the water
Ah been through the water

Yep, says it all!!!

Chuck_Norris

#19
1Jo 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  
1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 
1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 
1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com