What is a true friend?”

Started by stump66, March 09, 2005, 09:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

I get agrivated when my son so losley uses the word "friend"

below are some of what I think a true friend is please add your opinions

A true friend likes you for who you are.

A true friend listens to what you say and hears what you don't.

A true friend doesn't give up on you when you make a mistake.

A true friend prays for you.

A true friend lifts you up when you are down.

A true friend sees the good in you when you can't yourself.

A true friend laughs with you, not at you.

A true friend is someone you can confide in and won't tell the whole world.

A true friend is there for you during your hardest trials.

A true friend always tells you the truth, even when it hurts.

A true friend is NOT a kid at the bustop you just met

A true friend is NOT someone you met on xbox live

A true friend is NOT a kid in your class

A true friend is NOT a user

A true friend is A LIFE LONG commitment
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

LE450-RACER#77

ARE THERE ANY OF THEM OUT THERE ? I THOUGHT A TRUE FRIEND WAS THE FIRST ONE TO SLEEP WITH YOUR WIFE WHEN YOU WEREN'T LOOKING.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

stump66

that falls under keep your friends close and your enemies closer,I think lol.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

SkyHighT100

Yeah, true friends seem to be the first ones to burn you. They act great when they are with you, but secretly they are taking you for all you are worth (Whether it deals with emotion, money, love, trust, etc) Or they are the ones that you dont take seriously when they try to warn you of a problem.

I guess we all have been through enough heartache to know what a true friend should be, but at the same time we know what our experiences with "true friends" has been. It sucks when it gets you to the point that you cant trust anyone no matter how hard you try. But eventually, there's that one person that comes into your life... that shows you true friends do exist. And with time, you give your heart and soul to them. There's those few people that you just know came into your life for a reason and you do everything you can to hold them close and show them that you are the real thing, and wonder to yourself... what more can I do to show them I'm for real? How about a wave?
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

kawGIRL

Many people will walk in and out of your life. But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.[/color][/size][smiley=Heart.gif] [smiley=Hug.gif]

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

susieblazer

 [smiley=Heart.gif]

  I can say that we have been blessed with two of the truest friends ever..they were there when we needed them, moving, helping family members, and spending quality time together, camping and offroading ..both have been a part of our lives and our familys for over 25 years..sadly we lost "Rick" to cancer in January of last year, and now our other friend "Ritch" is battleing cancer. with a year or less prognosis.. [smiley=BrokenHeart.gif]..So i guess they are the true kind of friends that "HE" wants sitting beside him now......... So if you have them, cherish, love and treat them as they treat you, for you are truely blessed by this true friend..........

                        Susie & Bill

     [smiley=kiss.gif]
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Its_a_Jeep_thing

a buddy well get u get into trouble and taken to jail...
a friend will come bail you out of Jail...
and a True friend would be right beside you in jail sayin man that was awesome...
You might can out run me.. but I bet you cant out mud me!!

CAOSPOP

#8
a friend will come bail you out of Jail...
and a True friend would be right beside you in jail sayin man that was awesome... right

My best friend is turning six in April!!! She is all I got.