Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ocod

#1
Where to Ride? / Miami Gardens and I75
February 27, 2014, 04:10:18 AM
I've seen a few guys riding and been wanting to dust off warrior.
Hard to find people to ride with and not go exploring solo.
Saw two of them the other night riding from TP down to 186 and crossing over to north side at light.

Anyone riding that area can pm me if they don't want to post in thread.
#2
Where to Ride? / Re: South Florida
January 18, 2011, 06:56:23 PM
Quote from: arctic15 on January 18, 2011, 06:21:15 PM
Hey im new to the website but was wondering if theres anywhere to rlly ride in south florida?

Thanks

Welcome Artic, but unfortunatley there really isn't legal places to ride in South Fl.

Check out threads Rinker and the Humps. Only two places where you can to certain degree.
Went to rinker this weekend with other members for a good time in the mud...
#3
Where to Ride? / Re: Any places by Rinker
January 18, 2011, 01:58:24 AM
If its not rainy want to take take boat out this sunday.
The rain today if it lasts will make this sunday really good for you  ;)
I dont mind riding in the rain.
It will keep bike clean...
#4
Where to Ride? / Re: Any places by Rinker
January 17, 2011, 02:18:41 AM
Quote from: zman03 on January 17, 2011, 12:51:46 AM
how'd ya like the parkin spot ? not bad right?   I prefer NOT to be in the whole dust bowl next to the main parking area along 137ave. that was where I saw johnny (the cops) when I was leaving around 4:30pm   I dont know if anyone was ticketed, but I wasnt one of them. Let me know when you wanna go again ?  ;D ;) ;)

Very handy  ;)

#5
Where to Ride? / Re: Any places by Rinker
January 17, 2011, 12:43:04 AM
Quote from: zman03 on January 17, 2011, 12:38:30 AM
fat chance ,to much $$$$ in my bike to burry in the mud, I like the quick tecnical trails, next time come with me and we'll show you some trails. we rode like 30-40 miles of trails. NO SEAT RIDING  mostly good soft black dirt trails,  sweet  ;D   

I hear yah,
def will stay longer next time.
need to plan another ride may be in 2 weeks :)



#6
Where to Ride? / Re: Any places by Rinker
January 17, 2011, 12:01:08 AM
Pics of today action.
Great riding with I_N_3 and his 4x4 with a winch.
Came in handy so not to break my back.
Mud was awesome. Some deep ruts but nothing team work and heni afterwards didn't make it it worth it.
May be next time I'll convice zman to get dirty and hit the deep stuff  ;D



#7
Where to Ride? / Re: Any places by Rinker
January 16, 2011, 05:03:07 AM
zman
I'm metting iggy at 8:15 at I-75 ramp and 186th st chevron.

still driving black truck??


#8
Where to Ride? / Re: Any places by Rinker
January 13, 2011, 07:54:15 PM
I got permission to leave wife and kids this Sunday  ;D.
Def would want to meet up and ride this Sunday.

Who/When/Where do you guys meet or leave from.
I live close to Miami Gardens and I-75.

Brother in law lives in the Lenar homes behind the Jose Marti School.
When I rode there years past I would park at his his and ride in. Not sure that would be wise now but the trail is sometimes pretty bad for me to get in???
#9
no doubt it would cool but it's the time it takes me to get trailer out and bike up kills it.
Wife and 2 kids make time being away difficult.

I like to open garage and ride out.
#10
does your buddy have an account??



#11
cool maybe we could meet up..
1-2 hr ride after work is perfect just risky  ::)

#12
how about a bone and just a partner to ride somewhere  :'(
#13
Group Rides & Events / Who's Near I-75 and Miami Gardens
September 14, 2010, 03:42:05 AM
Wanna ride over the bridge of 75 or lost lake but need partner.

Anyone want to tag along??

I've seen quads opening trails there and wanted to know if you were on here??
#14
not interested in riding around I-75??
#15
Quote from: crom A zone on September 10, 2010, 04:01:21 PM
i live in the 954 and ride mia alot and few places up here... if u have 4x4 dont ride with 2wd u will kill your self poulling them out, and dont ride with z man he is very weird    i got a brute 750 on 30s and some extras

Not everyone needs to be pulled out. :P
and what?? why??

Quote from: speedman8903 on September 10, 2010, 03:47:59 PM
naw dont have a winch just mud tires and a snorkel

hit me up if you want to explore west side of I75 and miami gardens.
#16
Don't have a 4x4 but doesn't keep me from going through some holes.

Do you have a winch??

I sometimes go out on I75 near 186th st or over the bridge in psn by 87 th ave.
need to feel comfortable on the pavement though.

need to ride w/zmann at the dunes on 27th.
Maybe during the week early wed/thrus??
#17
Quote from: zman03 on August 18, 2010, 03:12:14 AM
I usally ride an hour, rest ride some more, rehydrate (water,gatorade) ride some more, then about 12 or 1 im out  if you stay you might get a visit from some of the locals      dont let anyone go for a ride on your bike or kiss it goodbye :'( :'(     the place is pretty small but good enough for a workout

Yeah, I wouldn't be stopped long enough for them to ask  >:(
#18
Quote from: zman03 on August 18, 2010, 03:00:21 AM
too wet out there,  the dunes are awesome!!!!!!!!   ive never had a problem with cops,  and dont hang out long enough to get jacked     if you go early you wont see anyone!!!   this aint no place to set up all the gear and ride its in and out in 3-4 hours   but you gotta be there around 9 am

:D

I can how 3-4 hrs is good enough for that...

I dont mind the mud challenge but w/all the rain trails prob flooded  :'(

Got my 00 warrior running again and want to take it out...

What happens after 9?? too many people or just brings more attention
#19
you mean by the stadium by 199th??
Cops don't mind?? or get jacked  :'( lol

I work on Sat but Sunday early ride off I75? or Macks?? would be great.
Then have afternoon for wife and kids to go on the boat  ;D

I live off 75..
#20
still looking for somone to ride
#21
Well got it purring nice  ;)

I ended up dropping bowl made sure pump was working and main jet was open.
Turned needle 3.5 out and no backfire.
Somethings up w/the air cleaner causing popping I think.
Took it out saw a little white smoking comming out of airbox but idled much better..
Any leads on a replacement foam or k&n.
Considering selling it or keeping it. Don't get to ride it very much by myself  >:(
#22
Quote from: Chevy1500z71 on August 10, 2010, 03:32:38 PM
if the screw is on the bottom near the bowl its a fuel screw.

yes, a pop on the decel is exactly what it would do if it was a little lean, move the screw to about 2 and a half turns out and give it a try. if it was rich it wouldn't pop, it would have trouble idling at a reasonable rpm and stumble and load up at idle.

Hey thanks again for the response.

I got it fire up and I've tried adjusting the fuel needle in/out and I cant get it to maintain idle after accelerating.
I get the popping in the airbox and then it cuts out.
If I open the choke one click it runs so I take it I have to open the needle futher out to 3 turns then??

Otherwise I'm going to take it apart again and make sure I didn't put it back together wrong :(
It's a pita to adjust that screw w/carb on bike. I know now why people change those screws out >:(
#23
Thanks Chevy.

I think it is the A/F needle that is a flat head screw at the bottom of carb(outside of bowl)
I left it at 2 turns out which I think is where I had it before. Just wanted to confirm settings
Waiting to get battery tomorrow to test it.

If it would pop on decel(throttle off) before I left it sitting would that mean it was lean or rich??
Also, head was getting really hot which means I may of been running lean. Would that correlate with the popping??
#24
Trying to get bike running again and took everything apart and didn't count turns  :o

Trying searching w/n o luck

Thanks

edit: got right name for needle