Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - D33411

#1
Where to Ride? / Re: Centennial Trail near Ocala.
January 08, 2010, 12:11:02 AM
Oh, I know where that is.  I have used the restroom there a few times.  haha  That is how women remember stuff.  Yes it is at the end of our ride as well.  Thanks for all your help!  Dawn
#2
When I got my green sticker, I was told it was a one time thing only.  I am sure eventually it will be yearly, but not yet. 

Where is the Rodman Dam?  Thanks, Dawn
#3
Yeah, I did notice the Lake George station on the same trip.  Did they have maps of Big Scrub there too?  The rest are on the link you sent me, which is great!  Thanks again!  Dawn
#4
Where to Ride? / Re: Centennial Trail near Ocala.
January 07, 2010, 02:05:01 PM
Thanks, Jim.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  I wonder why big scrub isn't on there.  How long are the trails at big scrub?

Actually our next trip is going to be RiverRanch, which we bought about 8 months ago and haven't been yet.  We also own in Suburban Estates, which we never seem to get to either very much.  We are in Palm Beach County and make it up to Ocala about 4 times a year to ride.  I just love the trails up there!  I am not one for muddin much.  If you are riding the north trails, don't forget to stop by the Pig Pen Bar at the trail head of the blue trail.  Jack bought it back and he is a hoot.  They don't open until 1, but he is flexible!  lol  Thanks for all your help.  Next time we head up that way I will drop you a line.  Dawn
#5
Are there maps anywhere showing the Big Scrub trails and the Centennial trail like they have for the ONF north trails or wandering wireglass?  Thanks so much.  Dawn
#6
The huge ATV trailer on 316 at the brown trail head rents them and they were pretty reasonable too, but you can't go off on your own.  You have to go with one of their people is the way it was explained to me.  The people in the small group seemed to be having fun though.  Dawn
#7
Where to Ride? / Re: Trails at Big Scrub?
January 05, 2010, 11:36:01 AM
We happened to drive by the Centennial Trail on 40.  I noticed in here it said you needed to park at Big Scrub (which we also found this weekend on our way to Wandering Wiregrass).  Is there parking available at a trail head off of 40?  Thanks so much!  Dawn
#8
Where to Ride? / Centennial Trail near Ocala.
January 05, 2010, 11:16:10 AM
My husband and I just noticed this trail as we were heading over to wandering wiregrass.  Does anyone have any input on where you park, how long it is, is it worth riding, etc?  Is it part of the ONF system where you pay the $10 and ride for 3 days?  Thanks, Dawn
#9
Where to Ride? / Re: Ocala ride
January 05, 2010, 11:09:51 AM
Oh, Busta, I wish I would have read this earlier.  We were up there during that time.  Would have been fun!  Dawn
#10
Where to Ride? / Re: Problems with the Trails?
January 05, 2010, 11:07:15 AM
We rode the wandering wiregrass on Saturday and a lot of the markers were down or pointed between the 2 trails.  It was confusing.  Thanks.  Dawn
#11
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: Atv flattrack crash
September 23, 2009, 02:04:01 PM
Oh, my god!  That was a hell of a crash!  Dawn
#12
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: Mudneck.com @ TCR Labor Day
September 23, 2009, 02:02:10 PM
Great pics, Bush!  Although it seems you were distracted in a couple of them.  haha  Dawn
#13
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: Just missing some quads.
September 23, 2009, 01:56:39 PM
Great pics!  It's been a while since I worked in Manhattan!  Memoooooriesssss!  I was almost mugged just south of Penn Station too.  And you don't need any stinkin' girls on your trip!  You guys look like you are having a blast!  Dawn
#14
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: hog hunting
September 23, 2009, 01:48:10 PM
Nice hog.  I always considered it cheating to hunt with dogs.  I think it is much more challenging and requires much more skill if you hunt without them.  But to each their own.  Dawn 
#15
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: Tha wifes new ride...
September 23, 2009, 01:40:51 PM
Women are all about the accessories!  NICE RIDE!
#16
Open Discussion / Re: cost of some street signs
September 23, 2009, 01:39:57 PM
It won't be Plexico for the next 2 years.  haha  Good one, swamper!
#17
Rumble at the Rock Friday night.  Hard Rock in Hollywood.  Dawn
#18
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: My new Toy hauler
September 08, 2009, 07:43:33 PM
Pretty truck!
#19
Diggin' is always sooooooooo helpful!  haha  Dawn
#20
Open Discussion / Re: Where the Heck is AintSkeered??
September 04, 2009, 06:16:06 PM
Welcome back!  I was thinking prison!  And you had no access to a computer!  Dawn ;)
#21
Open Discussion / Re: leaving florida
September 03, 2009, 04:54:02 PM
Yeah, even if you marry them, you are under daddy's thumb forever.  Good luck to you!  Dawn
#22
Where to Ride? / Re: Are there showers at the campground?
September 03, 2009, 04:52:22 PM
Thanks for the info!  Dawn
#23
Open Discussion / Re: going to delancy this saturday
September 03, 2009, 04:50:28 PM
WHATEVER YOU DO...don't ride your atvs on the roads.  Get a ticket for sure.

If you get mixed up, just ask the next person to come along.  Don't be shy.  I help lost riders out there all the time.  The cowboys that head out without a map.   haha  There should be plenty of people out there for Labor Day weekend.  It really is one big circle so just go out and have fun.  Wish we were joining you!  Let me know how you liked it.  I love that place.  Dawn
#24
Open Discussion / Re: going to delancy this saturday
September 02, 2009, 11:15:23 PM
When you head out, make sure you grab a map or 2 off the board.  You can always give one to a lost rider if you have a spare.  It will show you which trails you are allowed to have motorcycles on.  That is also where you pay for and get the tags you are supposed to wear while you ride for your 3 days.  The maps are pretty easy to follow.  Most trails are just big circles. There are also some of "you are here" signs on the trails and the trails are well marked.  If you are trying to get back to the trailhead where you parked, just look for the "TH" on the color trail you parked on.  I also when I go out will write the numbers of the roads that we are crossing in a black sharpie on the back of stop signs at the road crossings so if you are not sure where you are you can check posts and back of signs for hints as to whether you are crossing 88 or 75 or whatever.  The Yellow Trail is like the I95 of the park.  Tons of people on it.  Yellow will always take you back to the Delancy campground.  A big circle.  If you park at the campground, you will have to pay the $10 for 3 days riding, which you will have to pay where ever you park, but you will also have to pay for a day pass for the campground, which I think it is $6. There is an entrance just north of the road to the Delancy entrance on the road between Salt Springs and Palatka.  It brings you in on the purple trails.  It would save you the $6 a day and it isn't much farther north of the main entrance.  It is a windy trail that will bring you to yellow and you can go where ever you want from there.  We prefer to start at the brown trail, which is by Eureka Springs, which is just east of Salt Springs.  There are less people on it and it goes into the red and a little yellow and blue trails and back to brown.  I think if you google Ocala National Park and it will take you to the national park website and then go to the OHV section it should show you the different locations of the entrances and what is where.  Good luck! 
#25
Open Discussion / Re: going to delancy this saturday
September 02, 2009, 10:51:29 PM
Hey, sorry to say, but we have decided to skip the forest this weekend.  Unless we change our minds tomorrow.  I am pacing like a caged animal.  I want to ride so much, but I am really broke as hell so we are trying to be adult about it and stay home.  ugh.