Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - 400exstar

#1
Group Rides & Events / Re: Croom
June 10, 2007, 10:28:54 PM
I actually have 3 stickers for croom that I cant use because I will be at durhamtown for a week starting next sunday, the 17th. If anyone needs em come and get em. Im in Sorrento just east of Mt Dora.

#2
I guess you guys decided not to get back to us on your Saturday night ride. Nice communication ! :X
#3
Group Rides & Events / Re: Croom
June 10, 2007, 06:54:38 PM
I have a sticker and I can not use it for the rest of the month so it will expire. If anyone wants it let me know. I will come off easily. I just took it off and put it back on because I cut my fenders.
#4
I'm in.

1. What time are you meeting and are you meeting on maytown road at the read entrance?
2. What kinda riding do you guys do out there at night. Fast/slow/utes?
3. When you ride at night out there do you consume any specific types of beverages?

I sent you my phone number in a pm. Give me a call.
#5
Where to Ride? / Re: ONF Info for June 1st
June 02, 2007, 10:21:13 PM
Sweet!! the more the merrier !!
#6
Where to Ride? / Re: ONF Info for June 1st
June 02, 2007, 04:45:39 PM
PM sent
#7
Where to Ride? / Re: ONF Info for June 1st
June 02, 2007, 01:34:45 PM
FIRST if you go from apopka to 441 you will go NORTH or RIGHT. not left.

From 441 and 19 you go up a few miles and you will come to 42(altoona).

From 42 in altoona keep going north for 5.5 miles and you will see a small sign on the right that says "BIG SCRUB 7". TURN LEFT there.The pavement will end and you will see a parking area with an outhouse on the left. We will be there at 9 am. You will see a red Nissan Pickup, A charcoal Dodge Dakota 4x4, and a few others. We will be there around 9am.

One of the guys with us will be on a YFZ450 also. Maybe you can teach him how to ride it. :R :R
#8
Actually, you are mostly incorrect. In fact, I was out at the trails east of 19 and off of 445 in the new parking area for the 16 mile trail that used to me paisely free for all. The Ranger out there forced a group of about 6 Rhino style vehicles and some go cart style vehicles to leave. He said that an OHV is described as a vehicle that has a "straddle style seat" such as a motorcycle or a 4 wheeler. He said that the 2 seater go carts and the Rhinos did not fit that definition. The guys argued with the ranger who radioed his "superiors" and he was told that he is correct. The ocala national forest does not recognise Rhinos or any similar type of vehicle with a seat that is not straddled by the operator as an OHV and therefore is not going to allow them there any longer. They will only be permitted on "Mixed use" Trails and from my understanding most of the trails will not be designated as "Mixed Use". Of course I think this is a bunch of crap and I argued this point also. The Ranger was no understanding and forced them to trailer up and leave. He told them They could ride for the time being at Big Scrub but that would soon be unavailable to them also.
#9
Where to Ride? / Re: ONF Info for June 1st
June 01, 2007, 11:54:16 PM
A group of us will be going out to big scrub on Sunday the 3rd. Feel free to join us, from 19 go west on the powerline road until you hit the first parking lot. We will be meeting around 9am.