Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - jpease

#1
believe it or not the skill required to do what that guy is doing is absolutely unheard of.  I have seen guy do some very interesting acrobatics.  This guy wins the price.
#2
Open Discussion / Re: Help me identify snake
June 20, 2007, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on June 20, 2007, 07:23:55 PM
Actually, it's your garden variety shape shifter. You can tell by the marks near it's cloitus.

They're very valuable. I hope you still have it. I would be willing to name a cloud after you in exchange for it.
I have been informed it is my son new pet  ???  I wonder if his bearded dragon get along with the snake.  My guess is NO.  If this guy eats crickets he is in good luck.  We buy live crickets by the thousand.
#3
Open Discussion / Re: Help me identify snake
June 20, 2007, 01:39:14 PM
I would like to thank everyone for your help.  At this point with your help I feel confident it is garter snake.  My 6yrs old son has a fascination with snakes.  He found it yesterday around our house.

Thanks!
#4
Open Discussion / Re: Help me identify snake
June 20, 2007, 03:23:19 AM
Quote from: fishfry on June 20, 2007, 03:10:04 AM
Looks like a cotton mouth. You got any water near by.
there is a little pond on the left corner of our lot.
#5
Open Discussion / Help me identify snake
June 20, 2007, 03:04:22 AM
My kids found a little snake in the backyard and we are trying to figure out what kind is it

Here are the pics

#6
Quote from: mark38090 on June 19, 2007, 02:35:24 PM
Whats the gas mileage like???
I was curious about that.  I would guess around 40 mph
#7
oh one more thing, in florida motorcycle license is required.
#8
I test drove one of these this morning in Bradenton.  It rides very smooth and different.  Very very cool.  I liked a lot.  It is basically covered by plastics all around.  The only thing not covered is the muffler and the radiators up front.  It is a lot less geaky in person.

The gray is the std. they are asking 16,000$ and for the yellow they are asking 16,000$ + tag and title.  There are only a handful of dealer who will have access to sell them.  Their allocation is 4 vehicles per dealer.  They are allowed to take deposit of 1,000$ up to 6 more vehicles per store and they are "supposed to be delivered the 1st 4 by October and the other 6 by Jan.

I was told most dealer already have deposits on hand for all 10.  They are saying the could sell everyone of them if they had them.

I want one but my I really against owning anything new on its first year.
#9
My son have a 2005 90r so far so good.  They are finicky with water and mud so stay clear from them.
#10
Open Discussion / Re: My New Jeep
June 15, 2007, 05:44:26 PM
that's what I call a real Swamp Donkey!
#11
Open Discussion / Re: Hurricane shutter help
June 12, 2007, 10:31:59 PM
lets face it, if a big one comes shutters might save your windows but who cares when there is no roof left.  I lived in the Caribbean for many years and lived through a lot more hurricanes than most have ever seen.  The truth is a category 1- 3 are for the most part survivable and covering the glass windows will help providing a big tree doesn't fall on your roof.  If the house is built to the latest codes 3-4 most likely the soffits blows off on both sides creating a wind tunnel.  All the insulation blows off.  The high wind and rain hits the one side of the house goes vertical into the attic comes out through the other end wetting and ruining everything.  Ceiling most like fall down and drywall and studs get wet and ruined.  2 days later in Florida heat mold has cover the whole inside of the house making it none livable.  A cat 4 1/2 and above forget about it.  Your roof is most likely gone.  If not the roof tiles are for sure and water and mold damages everything.

Hopefully anyone encountering a 4-5 will have common sense to pack up your bags and go.  The worst past about Hurricane in Florida that really don't exist in the Caribbean which is really worse are the tornadoes that feeder band generate.  Very unpredictable situation IMHO.

I wouldn't do anymore than what Dynodon recommends.  Does folks that spend 40,000 in shutters and generators thinking they are going to survive the big one are just plain fools.
#12
I am glad I was not the only one feeling my satellite went out.  I wonder if Tony got popped?  The way they ended it makes you think/beleive that was the last thing Tony saw.  In other words lights out.
#13
Quote from: 53yfz450 on June 06, 2007, 08:58:42 PM
maybe you should go work at barneys
oh man, thats cold.
#14
great episode.  Back to the good ol' days.  From the ol' crew I think Tony has Pauly left.
#15
very sad.  I am so sorry for your loss.
#16
Open Discussion / Re: 2009 chevy camaro pics
May 26, 2007, 04:09:32 AM
if it doesn't give 30 mph it might be DOA.  Gas today is up 3.19$ it will 4$ soon.
#17
Open Discussion / Re: 2009 chevy camaro pics
May 25, 2007, 10:57:56 PM
that thing has chip foose written all over
#18
3.15$ 7-11 in Parrish Fl.
#19
Quote from: gery350 on May 21, 2007, 03:08:45 AM
finally a sopranos with a little "cojones". it gets boring after a while. all that emotional/psychologist crap. first i got a sit thru tony whining to his psychologist, then  his son with his psychologist, then to top it off, tonys psychologist with her psychologist. thank god for tivo- i FF thru all that crap.
;D
oh come it wasn't that bad.  I thought it was hilarious when Tone is sitting with AJ Dr. and he is trying to hide the bloody tooth in his cuff.  If you FF through that you missed a funny scene.
#20
Open Discussion / Re: I have to ask
May 18, 2007, 03:23:25 PM
so the trick to cleaning is to use an agent that will repel dirt in the first place.  Kewl, I am going to give that a shot.

When you clean your atv's do you clean it with the engine on or off, warm or cold?  My kids e-ton seems to be sensitive to water I usually leave the engine on and it seems to work better.

Also, do you guys use a pressure cleaner?
#21
Open Discussion / I have to ask
May 17, 2007, 08:55:30 PM
In the sales section I have seen atv's for sale that look like it belongs on the show room.  Even though they are a few years old.  What are your cleaning techniques and or products used?  I am amazed.  The engines, the hoses, plastics look brand spanking new.  Like it has never seen mud.

How in the world can you keep it that clean????
#22
btw, why do I think the dumping of asbestos is going to be link back to Porkchops (Tony.)

That scene where Sonya was on top of Tony, good lord! I give her a "10" on stroke, rhythm and rigor.  God bless her!
#23
Funniest line,   AJ:
QuoteEverything is so f**ked up,"
"Why can't we all just get along?"

#24
Open Discussion / Re: I heard a Rumor
May 12, 2007, 03:52:05 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 11, 2007, 09:10:25 PM
GM has owned part of Isuzu since the early 80's
They don't anymore.
#25
Open Discussion / Re: I heard a Rumor
May 11, 2007, 06:54:38 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Toyota bought a big part of Isuzu and they are working on a join venture to come up with diesel for toyota.  Didn't they (isuzu) do the same thing for GM (duramax)