Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Kortsman

#1
Tech Corner / Re: K&N Air Filter
April 20, 2009, 08:46:08 PM
I'll do that. Thanks!
#2
Tech Corner / Re: K&N Air Filter
April 20, 2009, 05:31:14 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on April 20, 2009, 04:04:07 PM
By the way, don't forget to check the flux capacitor and the doofilator valve as well.

I was born at night, but not last night! ;D

I know my way around small engines and such. Just wanted to make sure I was doing right things on my quad :ThumbsUp.gif
#3
Tech Corner / Re: K&N Air Filter
April 20, 2009, 03:52:20 PM
Thanks guys. I was weary about the carb cleaner thing. I like the tip about silicone spray on the outer screen. When you say diluted degreaser, do you mean something like Simple Green?
#4
Tech Corner / K&N Air Filter
April 20, 2009, 03:01:15 PM
I've recently gotten into quads and I have a few questions about maintenance. I've got a K&N air filter with a screen over the filter. I want to take them off and clean them. I was told by a friend that all I have to do is spray carb cleaner on K&N to clean it. Then wash it out with water and let it dry before putting it back on. Is that true? Is there another way you guys clean your filters? If so, do you spray from the inside of the filter out so that it pushes all the dirt out and not in?

Thanks for the input