Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - bigsteve

#1
Open Discussion / Re: Quad or Dirtbike?
June 11, 2008, 05:57:19 AM
My son started out on a bike. He out grew it, went to a quad, rode it for a year, didn't care for it much. So after the quad he's had two other bikes and doesn't want to go back to a quad. And all his friends rides bikes as well.
Plus my brother in law he's about 50 years old and rides a CRF450. He'll only ride a quad if he can play around in a mud hole.
Myself I've tried to ride dirt bike, I just don't like it I'll stick to my quad.
#2
Open Discussion / Croom this weekend?
June 10, 2008, 08:43:00 AM
We're going for the weekend, getting there Fri morning. I'm hoping the rain will knock down the dust. And maybe add some water to the bowl.
Anyone else going? I have a dark grey Dodge quadcab & 10' red enclosed trailer. And ride a green KFX700.
Stop over and say hi. Ask for BigSteve.
#3
Open Discussion / Re: Theft at Croom???
June 06, 2008, 04:57:27 AM
That's not necessarily true there's a guy that works at Cycle Gear hear in Sarasota. Had his atv in the back of his truck for the next morning, had it backed up to his garage door. They still stole the ATV. Took it over the side of the truck. I've had my ATVs stolen. If they want it they're going to get it. All you can do is to slow them down with locks. Or for peace of mind have them insured. And an alarm system on your garage or shed. And I'm still thinking about alarms on my bikes as well
Quote from: shogun323 on June 05, 2008, 04:42:53 PM
Absolutely. If I have to leave my quad in the back of my truck while I park somewhere, I always back into either a tree or a light pole.

There was a guy on here who went in Walmart for 15 minutes and came out and hit dirt bike was gone. In broad daylight. They caught the guy due to surveylance.

Other people have had their ramps stolen from their truck while riding at Croom. Unfortunately, there are always a few bad peeps out there wherever you go.
#4
Open Discussion / Re: Safety Coarse?
June 05, 2008, 04:12:23 AM
Thanks. Everything I read keeps saying ATV. And he rides a CRF250. And so I wounder about cc's. And what sinks is my son going to be 16 in Oct.
#5
Open Discussion / Safety Coarse?
June 03, 2008, 07:11:16 AM
Can somebody tell me if the new safety coarse is for dirtbike riders? Or just for atv riders.
#6
Open Discussion / Re: North Police Needs Our Help
December 15, 2006, 09:46:17 AM
Just be glad he's going to be charged as an adult.
If it was a minor, he would walk in no time.
#7
Open Discussion / Re: ONLY IN AMERICA
November 16, 2006, 04:48:06 AM
STRANGE BUT TRUE!!!! :K
#8
Open Discussion / Re: showers @ Big Scrub?
November 13, 2006, 03:12:07 AM
T2 I have dark grey quad cab dodge with a 6x10 red enclosed trailer. And ride a green kfx700 with no head lights. We'll be getting there friday morning.
#9
Open Discussion / showers @ Big Scrub?
November 12, 2006, 12:30:30 AM
Does anyone know if the showers are open yet at Big Scrub? We're going next week end for camping and riding.We were up there in Sept.and they still weren't open. >:(
#10
Build more homes & condos = more money in taxes. Lot more than the track would pay. I think somebody is getting their palm greased. Maybe it's the county commissiners to change zoning.  >:D
#11
Open Discussion / Re: What do you think
July 06, 2005, 09:17:31 AM
What year?  Is it A dirtbike or A quad?   More info., & pics would help.
#12
I drive A red Dodge Dakota with A 10' red enclosed trailer.  I ride A green KFX700 with A missing headlight.  Stop by if you get A chance. I haven't meet anyone from the site yet.
#13
I'm going to Big Scrub. I'm leaving Sarasota about 7:00 AM Sat..
#14
Where to Ride? / Re: July 4th Weekend
June 28, 2005, 05:38:28 AM
We are going to Big Scrub. It's probably going to be packed, but who cares.
#15
Group Rides & Events / Re: ocala ride in august
June 17, 2005, 07:59:52 AM
Big Scrub or Rodman?
#16
Where to Ride? / Re: croom Regs on Width???
June 16, 2005, 04:51:36 AM
I ride a KFX700 I think it's 47'' wide I rode there A couple of weeks ago, And they never checked me. But It did seem like some of the trails were a little tight.
#17
Where to Ride? / Re: mill dam(onf)
June 16, 2005, 04:13:17 AM
We've rode from Big Scrub to Mills Dam. And fill up at the gas station And take A break. Like it was said before there is A lot of water. After A good raning It's hard to get though the trails. But there is no problem when it is dry.

As far as the rentels I wondered about the same thing. I heard you could. So I don't know.
#18
Open Discussion / Re: Time to face reality
June 15, 2005, 02:08:36 AM
"I'm Growing Old, But Not Up". That's what I tell them. ::)
#19
Open Discussion / Re: WHICH QUAD
June 11, 2005, 04:15:39 AM
YFZ450
#20
Open Discussion / Re: UPDATE YOUR LOCATION PLEASE!
June 10, 2005, 02:46:07 AM
DONE
#21
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: Week of Riding
June 08, 2005, 04:54:28 AM
Hey chris505 how did your KFX700 do on the trails? I have one as well. I find it kinda tricky on tight trails. My group that ride with we're tring to plan A trip to Duraham Town.

THANKS for any info.
#22
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: bad a$$ pics
June 08, 2005, 04:45:54 AM
Quote from: ridehigh on May 13, 2005, 01:31:45 PM
what more can u ask for.

this is the one I like
#24
Quote from: IT200 on June 07, 2005, 11:39:13 PM
Before going up to that campground you should call and check to see if you can still get into the forest that way. They just did an emergency closure of that area. Check out this map
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/Linadale%20maps.pdf

I was wondering about that my self. Because they closed the section @ ONF that runs along RT42.

I wonder if Id@ would know? I think he lives up that way.
#25
Tech Corner / Re: after market exhaust
June 08, 2005, 04:27:45 AM
Check out first which one is going to give you the most gain in HP, low end ,mid range, and how high the db levels are. I think HMF runs alittle high in db levels. I could be wrong so just check for yourself.