Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - z400hick85

#1
Tech Corner / Z400 Sputtering
January 07, 2007, 04:22:41 AM
I've got an 04 Z400 and it recently sat for a while (2 months or so) and was rarely ran. Well, I drained the gas out of it and put some new gas in it. It runs funny now.. I was in 5th gear topped out and it started stuttering and spitting. Think this is a carb issue and it needs to be cleaned out?
#2
Tech Corner / Z400 Gas tank...
December 31, 2006, 08:48:56 PM
Does anyone happen to know how to drain the gas tanks on these quads? It looks like the petcock is directly bolted to the tank and I don't wanna go through the hassle of taking the tank off.
#3
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: This thing is nuts
December 01, 2006, 04:23:04 PM
Seen that thing the other day.. that thing is wild man.
#4
Photo Gallery & Videos / Re: Quads Only Glamis 2006
November 29, 2006, 09:33:25 PM
Man that looks like fun. I hope to do that one day.
#5
Tech Corner / Re: Z400 lubrication system... oil problem
December 14, 2004, 11:34:52 AM
No, I havn't done anything to it other than change the oil a few times.
#6
Tech Corner / Re: Z400 lubrication system... oil problem
December 13, 2004, 10:53:57 PM
When I first drained it there was water in the tank but after I had changed it, it was straight oil.
#7
Tech Corner / Z400 lubrication system... oil problem
December 13, 2004, 08:38:40 PM
I have an 04 z400 and for some odd reason, it will not keep all of the oil in the crank case. For instance, I parked it in my garage and i came back to it 2 weeks later and the drain plug had backed up and drained all of the oil in the oil tank. So, on the next ride, I put 1 quart of oil in the tank and started it up to get the oil flowing and then unscrewed the dipstick and oil/water started pouring out of the tank. So, I then drained all of the water/oil out of the tank and crankcase.. put 3 quarts of oil in and started it back up and it was fine. I went riding that day and half way through the ride, check the dipstick and it started pouring out of the tank again. Any advice would be grateful, Thanks.