Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Mars

#1
Where to Ride? / Re: Big Scrub or Dalancy West Report?
September 19, 2015, 01:33:19 AM
Sounds like it has not changed at all.
Thanks.
#2
Where to Ride? / Big Scrub or Dalancy West Report?
September 18, 2015, 01:17:07 AM
Anyone ride up there lately? I have not been up there since 11/2013
#3
Open Discussion / Re: discrimination or what?
December 20, 2013, 03:06:56 AM
Quote from: AintSkeered on November 14, 2013, 02:20:56 AM
It ain't discrimination, it's dollars and sense.
It's also being under the radar. Have you ever head of bicyclist doing donuts in someone's driveway or drag racing on 8th street?
#4
Been using it for years, z400s, ltz250s, foreman, ranchers, you get it....
#5
AL, that's a long ride, Welcome back.
#6
A half buried school bus a few miles from the pit off 8th St.
A "rainbow people" like camp at ONF years before the trail system.
#7
Open Discussion / Re: Essential spares/tools
January 28, 2013, 02:10:38 AM
When I go to Croom or Ocala:
Tie-rod ends and jam nuts, cotter pins, metric nut/bolt assortment, fuses, wire ties, electrical tape, butt connectors, extra spark plug, tire plugs and a small air comp, extra oil, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, WD-40, master link (chain-drive). I use Plano type tackle boxes for the small stuff.

If I can't get the bike running with that I probably busted my butt and won't be riding anyway.  ;D
#8
Thanks for the hard work to all. A kid area would be great near big scrub. It was really nice when you could ride under the power lines. (You could watch the kids from your campsite.)
#9
Unless they snuck it in Obamacare it's not a law, it's a recomendation. MFGs like it to get out of law suits.
#10
Thanks for posting the info Kris. I did not make it to that trail this year but I have been on it two or three times.
I did make the trail maintenance day in Delancy last fall. Not much time off this year, but I'm employed and I'm not bitchin.
#12
Open Discussion / Re: Ford 6.0 power stroke warranty
January 07, 2011, 01:11:36 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 20, 2010, 03:21:19 AM
I didnt buy it for mine. My warrantee ran out 4 months ago. I'm at 85000 miles and running strong. Most of the 6.0 problems are well known now and fixable.
X2
They had most of the issue sorted out by 2006. Save your money, you may get to 125K befor you need it.
#13
Broke belt?
#14
Where to Ride? / Re: Labor Day Hog Valley Ride
August 27, 2010, 02:21:15 AM
Wish I could. Truck needs pads and rotors camper needs tire. Too much month at the end of the money.........
#15
Open Discussion / Re: Works Shocks??
August 18, 2010, 02:53:05 AM
Got triple rate rez on my 04 Z400. They work great.
#16
Quote from: 1Scorpion on July 17, 2010, 10:38:52 PM
That is great news !!! When it cools off a bit I plan on going up there for a weekend.

X2. Hauler need 4 tires but I'll be up there soon.
#17
I got word there was going to be a meeting in Naples, Collier County BCC on 7/28/10. The day after the regular BCC meeting about the jet port. I'll try to get more info.
#18
Tech Corner / Re: 2009 KFX 50
July 21, 2010, 02:20:54 AM
Some have a spacer in the CVT you can remove. Done it on a few Z50s to gain about 3 mph. The KFX may be the same.
#19
Open Discussion / Re: Atten Sport Quads
July 12, 2010, 02:00:20 AM
Intresting.
#20
Man you guys eat that crap up.
Hook, line, and sinker..... :stoogies.gif
#21
Open Discussion / Re: ONF
May 15, 2010, 01:29:09 AM
Quote from: patches206 on May 14, 2010, 02:36:37 AM
  I know there is no trailer electric hooks ups at Dalancy but what about Big Scrub.
None, water every 200-300 feet and hot showers.  No dump station there, Big bas has one about six miles south on 588, (Juniper?) campground about 11 miles NE of Scrub on 40.
#22
Open Discussion / Re: ONF
May 14, 2010, 02:23:59 AM
$10 for a three day pass. There is free parking at the trail heads. If you want to park in Big Scrub and use the water/showers $12. I think Delancy is $6 , no shower or water.
#23
I use Bikebandit.com for a lot of OEM carb parts. Just did a sportsman 90 for the BILs kid. Got needle, seat, gasket, etc.
#24
Where to Ride? / Re: What is this all about??
April 14, 2010, 02:46:00 AM
Trails are good, wet winter has helped. 20 MPH is the rule. What's that proverb? Nail sticking out gets hammered? Don't be the nail be a ninja. I did a bit of 4th/5th out on the trails.
#25
Where to Ride? / Re: What is this all about??
April 14, 2010, 02:18:19 AM
First one is looking east towards the entrance from site 9/10
Second is a blury but you get an idea of the space. 30ft 5th and F250 CC fit unhooked in that site. Some are shorter, some are wider.