Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - alparmer

#1
Thanks for the reply.  I been looking online and it looks like Ocala is the place to go.  From what I understand, SxS are allowed at Big Scrub as well as others.  It also looks like Croom allows up to 50" low pressure tires which my pioneer 500 has.  However, I read somewhere that they only allow vehicles that can be straddled.  Doesnt make sense because for safety reasons, my little SxS has a roll cage with seatbelts whereas regular ATVs dont. 

I am surprised I haven't heard from other members with a bit of knowledge of Central Florida trails for SxSs.  A few months back I was driving to Zephyrhills from Clermont, and saw a bunch of ATVs and UTVs parked in a parking lot getting ready to ride.  Can't remember the name of the road, but I may have to retrace my drive and find out the deal.   
#2
We used to go to Ocala 15+ years ago and ride our KTMs through some of the trails.  Now, I have no idea where to go since it looks like there are tons of regulations.  I've been searching online, but it seems like it is not cut and dry. 

So far, I understand that you need your vehicle registration, OHV pass (not sure if a yearly covers all state trails), my 12 year old needs an ATV safety course, and riders have to wear helmets, etc. 

So, what all do I need to take the SxS with my son over to places close to Clermont.  I am assuming the closest ones are Ocala, Umatilla, and Croom.  I would hate to show up only to get a fine for not having all of the necessary paperwork and equipment.

Thanks in advance.  Oh, we also used to go to an abandoned citrus field off of 27, south of 192.  Cant remember exactly where it was.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com