Hey everyone,
I just recently picked up a SXS for getting around my property. Most of my riding has been done out there as well as further north in AL/GA/TN area. I wanted to go explore and ride out at Osceola this upcoming weekend, I have taken a full size truck out there a while back and I know it can get flooded in areas with recent wet weather. Reason I want to head there vs Ocala is I am wider than 50" that Ocala shows as the restriction, it's a lot closer since I in Jacksonville and finally waiting on dealer to complete registration which I am not sure if that will be done by the weekend.
My main concern is that it is hunting season. I am not familiar enough with the trails there but from the maps I have seen it appears where the trails run is open to hunting as well. Has anyone rode out there this time of year? How safe is it? It would just be me and a passenger riding not a big group which is a little more concerning until I find other folks to ride with. I know some hunters are ok while others can be well let's just say not as friendly and considering they are carrying I would rather avoid a conflict.
Is it just better to wait till the season is over on the 4th? If so I might just head north again or work more on my private trail. Thanks for any input, or if anyone plans to be out there riding this weekend maybe we can meetup.
I just recently picked up a SXS for getting around my property. Most of my riding has been done out there as well as further north in AL/GA/TN area. I wanted to go explore and ride out at Osceola this upcoming weekend, I have taken a full size truck out there a while back and I know it can get flooded in areas with recent wet weather. Reason I want to head there vs Ocala is I am wider than 50" that Ocala shows as the restriction, it's a lot closer since I in Jacksonville and finally waiting on dealer to complete registration which I am not sure if that will be done by the weekend.
My main concern is that it is hunting season. I am not familiar enough with the trails there but from the maps I have seen it appears where the trails run is open to hunting as well. Has anyone rode out there this time of year? How safe is it? It would just be me and a passenger riding not a big group which is a little more concerning until I find other folks to ride with. I know some hunters are ok while others can be well let's just say not as friendly and considering they are carrying I would rather avoid a conflict.
Is it just better to wait till the season is over on the 4th? If so I might just head north again or work more on my private trail. Thanks for any input, or if anyone plans to be out there riding this weekend maybe we can meetup.