Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - M35A2Driver

#1
Quote from: SMP63 on June 13, 2013, 07:20:42 PM
Welcome to the forum & THANK YOU for serving in the military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richloam/Green Swamp should be kinda wet by mid July. Also don't think they allow atvs. If you want to get alittle muddy thats the place. Make sure to bring repelant cause the flying oil rigs will tote you off!!  Ocala trails don't usually hold water but you can ride atvs & ride the trails with your truck. Delancy Campground has plenty of shade trees but no showers or running water. Big Scrub has only 4 or 5 trees but full bathrooms with showers. Neither have electric @ the sites so most bring along a generator.  Haven't been to Hard Rock but hear its basically just race tracks for atvs.   



Thanks for the intel. It seems like ocala forest (Big Scrub) is the place to go. Prefer somewhere quiet. Every time I hear a loud noise or backfire I jump on the ground from all the IDF. Not PTSD...just reaction. Anyone hear of Swamp Ghost in Orlando?
#2
never had a problem with it. this is the 400 pound model but I never put anything on top
#3
Group Rides & Events / Re: any tampa mudders?
June 12, 2013, 09:30:55 AM
I'm 30 min east of Tampa off I-4. I Have been to the lakeland mud hole which isnt bad but a bit small. I'm looking for more trail rides.

#4
Hi
I'm looking for some mild to moderate trails to take my truck through. I also have an 16ft enclosed trailer and ATVs. So, I'd like to camp out for a day or 2. Currently I'm in Afghanistan until mid July. I have a week off and want to do some trail riding. My truck isnt set up for harsh off roading. So, moderate trails at most.

I did some research for 4x4 trail riding and camping. I came up with 3 areas;
1. Hard Rock in Ocala
2. Richloam - Withlacoochee State Forest
3. Ocala Forest - Big Scrub or Delancy

Any suggestions on which to go to in mid July?

My ride