Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - fford

#1
The display showed low battery and I put a battery charger on it overnight. When I went to start it the display only showed an E, but engine started and everything works but the display with an E on it.
#2
Quote from: JackL on April 24, 2007, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: fford on April 24, 2007, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 19, 2007, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: fford on April 19, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?

South bay is north, and the buggy bridge is south. Is that clear? :)


Do you go out to the pump station, go north or south from there on the levee roads?

To get to the buggy bridge, it is easiest to go over the levy at the first parking lot and follow the trail south.

From the pump station at the west end, I enter between the Holeylands signs and head north. I like it better out there as well. I stay off the levy gravel as much as possible.

The north side across from the main parking lot also has some good runs north and west.

In some of my other holeylands threads, I have posted some garmin gps maps with some coordinates, and if you compare it with the standard map you can get a good overall feel for the area.

I've been thinking of making a cool map with some stuff from google earth and my gps logs..some day.


Ok thanks, now I have an idea where you are talking about. I have only been there a couple times. The first time I went due west and decided to turn around when Immmoklee cam up on my GPS. I do want to get out there one day just to explore around to see what else is there.
#3
Quote from: JackL on April 19, 2007, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: fford on April 19, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?

South bay is north, and the buggy bridge is south. Is that clear? :)


Do you go out to the pump station, go north or south from there on the levee roads?
#4
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?
#5
We will be at windrock campground, most likely flying Big Scrub Bandit flags, or if on the trail some of us will have Big Scrub Bandit shirts
#6
I have been there the last 4 summers and every year we find a new place we haven't seen before. We will be up there this year June 6th to the 18th and staying at the Windrock campground. If you get a chance go to Snack Shack and ask Howard or Vikki how to get to Indian Bluff. It is a Rock outcrop that when you walk to the edge you see a beautiful view of the valley and it looks like you are in a natural amputheater.