Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - stevemiller21

#1
Tech Corner / Re: z400 cuts out over whoops
November 27, 2009, 10:28:49 PM
I sent a message to you about this as well, but just in case somebody else is having this problem, I would like to share my experience with this problem.  The vacuum slide on the carb is the problem if it is a stock carb.  When you go over a whoop the slide moves causing your bike to cut out.  I fixed the problem by installing a FCR carb. 

Also, another person said their bike was still running after the key was turned off.  It is a common problem due to the fan running when you shut the bike off. 

Another problem you may encounter with a z400 is the reverse rev limit switch down by the shifter will make one cut out as well.  I cut my wires and bypassed the switch to fix that problem.

I have had a z400 since 2003 and have encountered most problems associated with it.  Hope this info is useful and if you have any more problems feel free to send me a message!
Steve