My son has a 2002 Yamaha Beartracker and he is in need of new tires. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good brand of tire. We ride a lot at River Ranch and he spends most of his time in the deep mud and water puddles. The original stock rims and tires are on the bike now. Just not sure what to buy. If I go with a bigger tire, do I also need new rims?
im guessing you would need bigger rims is the tire is bigger, some tires i've seen out at r/r work pretty good are itp 589's, mudlites, dirt devils, bu thten their's always mud bugs, mudzillas, things likethat.
Thanks! Now instead of not enough information, I have too much! lol Wish me luck!
I have Mudlites on my bike and I hardly ever get stuck,also Vampires are good tires for mud.My uncle has them on his/my bike and he barely ever gets stuck
Icegirl, The beartracker probably has 22 in tires. I wouldn't recomend going bigger than 23's due to the motor possibly not having enough low end torgue to turn them in the mud.
I also ride at RR all the time. My son has a Honda Recon ( comparable to the bear tracker) and I put a set of 22in Dirt Devils on the rear, It hangs with the big Utes in the mud and I didn't notice hardly any difference in overall speed. Hope this helps.