Hey all,
Merry XMAS! I was hoping you guys that have ridden Croom could give me some advice?
We live right on the Croom, and I was wanting to know if you recommend 4x4 or 2x4 for the trails?
Thanks,
Lee
Depends on where you are riding and on rain. The sand pit up front is always packed w/ sport quads and dirt bikes. There are some wet trails in the back. If you are in the campground it's hard to get out w/o getting wet. Their are some good pits that are many different experience levels.
Croom can be ridden with any bike. Only downside is watch out for the whoops. Unless they've cleaned them up. Have fun.
Dumb Question, but what is a Whoop?
little hills in a symmetric pattern, rigth after each other. ;) :P
Quote from: wyldelee on December 25, 2005, 11:49:23 AM
Dumb Question, but what is a Whoop?
[/q
small gut jarring hills or bumps from ungroumed trails
The are accelleration bumps.
an oversized washboard :N
they're like speed bumps. just alot.
one right after another.
headache.
Now I get it. We live on the Croom and have horses. A lot of the horse trails on the Croom could use some help also. Sure wish they would let a bunch of us groom the trails, and do a cleanup once in a while, if they don't have the manpower or equipment.
I have been looking at Rancher 350's and just wasn't sure if I should go 2x4, or if the the 4x4 is really that useful at Croom.
Thanks,
Lee
If you are into aggressive hill climbing or serious mudding I would go the extra mile and get the 4x4. I've never been to Croom, but there may be lots of deep sand as well. If you can maintain your foreward motion, sand is not too bad. If your just going to mosey around and take in the sceenery, 2 x 4 may be good enuff. gl
if u wana ride in the sandpit ther 2 weel drive is definetly a better idea but if u wana screw around in the mud water ect then go 4 wheel , overall tho 2 wheel is fine for riding on trails ;)
unless u wana go mudin 2wd is the way to go 8) ;)
2 BY 4 NO DOUBT
Decided to go with 4x4 Rancher (lots of work around the farm), and also put the Warn 4-2-4 in for 2 wheel fun.
thanks for all the advice,
Lee
Excelent choice in quads. They are great quads. And the 424 is great. Have been having a blast since I put one in my wolverine.
Cant go wrong with that. 8)