Are there noise limits in Ocala National Forest?
Is there anything else I should watch out for?
I had a really loud earpopping pipe on my previous ride a DS 650 and never had anyone stop me or complain and I rode all over Big Scrub area. I hear loud bikes out there all the time. I would say just don't go crazy reving inside campground areas like Big Scrub and when you pass by hunters go slow and be courteous.
all depends on which ranger you ask, and which side of the bed he wakes up on, or how twisted his panties are.
If they say there is a limit, then just be polite and ask them to show you the rule in writing.
I have a loud pipe, but it's not extreme, and go by the suggestion from above.
Id@
Same as above, but you do need a USFS approved spark arrestor.
Stay off numbered roads.
i thought it was 96db in ALL national forests.
If you 'think' your pipes are loud and have to ask about noise restrictions...........then they are probaly too loud.
I don't know for a fact that they are. Just guessing.
(if they are indeed too loud...please ride behind me)
Chuck
Our pipes sound marvelous! ;D ;D ;D
My son's Blaster has a Toomey that's a little noisey but not painful. I have the CT pipe on my YFZ. It is 101dB with all discs but I can bring it down to 93dB by removing discs...sounds like I should take a few out. ;)
The old saying "loud pipes save lives" is true provided you don't get shot by someone you pissed off.
The noise rule is not currently enforced, to my knowledge, but as soon as the trail system takes effect, it will be "enthusiastically" enforced. They will have dB meters and ticket books.
not that i know of
Quote from: GSPKurt on January 02, 2006, 01:01:07 AM
The noise rule is not currently enforced, to my knowledge, but as soon as the trail system takes effect, it will be "enthusiastically" enforced. They will have dB meters and ticket books.
What will be the limit?